The Lead Accountant will support our clients legal entity transformation/restructuring initiatives and play an active role in driving internal and external audits. Furthermore, the Lead Accountant will be responsible for the preparation of periodic profitably analyses, tax forecasts and any other ad-hoc analyses as requested by the many stakeholders.
Interim Lead Accountant
Our client is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Supervise and analyze general ledger activities of five legal entities inclusive of period end financial close responsibilities
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly reflected in the ledger
- Direct accurate and timely period reporting that complies with Corporate (US GAAP) and country requirements (Swiss Code of Obligations)
- Coordinate with the Business Service Center in Prague and other outsource partners to ensure smooth execution of transactions and reconciliations as per the Company's time schedules
- Administer monthly Account Reconciliation processes on a timely basis and adhering to all corporate standards and guidelines
- Approve the period-end financial packages and the Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Champion opportunities for streamlining and rendering service delivery more efficiently, and leading process improvement projects
- Supervise and coach Specialist Accountants
- Engage and take responsibility in external and internal audits
- Support the tax team in the preparation of income tax filings, VAT, withholding tax, stamp duty tax and any other tax forms as required
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and present as requested to management or relevant stakeholder
- Maintain a system in place to ensure all transactions are supported by agreements, contracts, approvals and adequate documentation
- Support change and ensure stability in a fast-paced environment
- Solid Accounting/Finance education (Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance, "Fachmann/Fachfrau im Finanz- und Rechnungswesen mit eidg. Fachausweis" or equivalent is a plus).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as an accountant in an international environment.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices (US GAAP, Swiss Code of Obligations)
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and SAP.
- Experienced in optimizing business processes leveraging technology.
- Business-level English skills (speaking and writing) required, fluency in German is a plus.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a proactive working style to implement new processes
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Solid communication, interpersonal, and organization skills enabling effective communication with all levels of management required
Michael Page Switzerland