If you also thoroughly enjoy using scientific expertise to support innovation projects and competence development, then our position as Scientist - Optical Spectroscopy (f/m) might be the ideal next step for you.
Scientist - Optical Spectroscopy (f/m)
Are you a talented Scientist with a broad interest and solid knowledge in analytical chemistry? Do you want to implement your skills and develop further our optical spectroscopy platform? If you also thoroughly enjoy using scientific expertise to support innovation projects and competence development, then our position as Scientist - Optical Spectroscopy (f/m) might be the ideal next step for you.
The indefinite position is a full-time assignment and based in Kaiseraugst. The ideal starting date would be 1st of February 2019 but can be discussed.
- Run and shape further our optical spectroscopy platform (UV/VIS, NIR, RAMAN)
- Design, plan and execute assigned projects applying state of the art scientific knowledge best practices and established procedures
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and develop new procedures for problem solving and structure elucidation
- Provide scientific expert support for global cross-functional innovation projects, marketing and production
- Maintain and develop network with internal and external key experts
- Build and maintain data backbone for the optical spectroscopy platform, extend in later phase to other technologies
- Contribute to the competence development in Global R&D overall
- Reporting of results to internal customers and at external conferences
- Either a PhD in analytical chemistry (or related life sciences) or a MSc degree with at least 5 years of work experience in the relevant field
- Sound knowledge in optical spectroscopy (UV, IR, RAMAN) and expertise in a complementary field such as NMR and/or LC-MS
- Experienced in data sciences and tools (e.g. Matlab, R, data storage, exploration, mining, visualization, pre-processing and advanced statistics)
- Experience with computerized lab environment (LIMS, CDS, electronic lab notebook, scientific databases, etc.)
- Knowledge in reaction monitoring of organic reactions in an industry environment, and profound statistical expertise are an advantage
- Open-minded personality and ability to evolve in a cross-functional environment
- Strong team player with self-organizing skills and an independent way of working
- Proficient command of English; German is a plus
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Kerim Hanafi ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), Associate Recruiter.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Kerim Hanafi
079 459 60 33