Launched in 1999 and now counting more than 3 million registered users, ricardo.ch is de facto the Swiss online marketplace. Every year, 5 million items are traded on our platform. To grow that number even further, we're looking to expand our team with a smart, talented and dedicated
Category Manager (m/f) 80%-100%
Are you passionate about true values and a competitive selection? Do you thrive on data driven challenges? Do you see the potential for pre-owned, unique, refurbished and 2nd season objects to find a new home and make both sellers and buyers strike great deals? Are you willing and able to deal with the fast pace of change and development that makes the ecommerce industry demanding but incredibly fulfilling at the same time? If you can answer all these questions with a resounding yes, then read on - the person we're looking for might be you.
What you'll do
Who you are
- Analyzing categories and crafting meaningful and promising development strategies
- Acquiring new sellers and accessing new business segments that optimize your category and therefore help our business strategy to be successful
- Be hands-on on seller and inventory management by acquiring new sellers and accessing new business segments
- Be in touch with the biggest sellers on our marketplace to develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships
- Taking over a leading position alongside the Head of Category Management and potentially building up your own team
- Collaborating closely with other teams and functions within ricardo.ch
- You bring a profound market knowledge
- You have a very analytical mindset and a deep understanding of all things digital and/or retail
- You are willing to take over responsibility for your category
- You thrive on the challenge of analyzing past marketplace activity and turn it into the base for future successes, for which you apply your skills in forecasting, monitoring and reporting developments.
- As a successful leader, you keep your team and the company updated on your achievements and understand that your success relies on your ability to work with and inspire your team.
What we value
- A university degree (MBA is a plus)
- Excellent command of German and English; any other Swiss language is an advantage
- enthusiasm, reliability, cleverness
- a 'get-sh*t-done' attitude
Sounds too good to be true? Beware, this is no walk in the park. We do have our fair share of challenges: from rebuilding our tech platform to ensuring that ricardo.ch's value proposition remains relevant for users who have plenty of alternatives nowadays. But if you are genuinely interested in developing ricardo.ch further, this is your chance! Hit the button below and apply: we look forward to reading from you.
We look forward to your application