Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Our scientists are dedicated to research that develops innovative solutions to help increase crop productivity for farmers worldwide. They are integral to our research and development team which enable farmers to be more efficient, control pests better, cope with unpredictable weather, break through yield barriers and ultimately bring in a profitable harvest.
We are offering an analytical chemist position in the Research center in Stein, Switzerland for a highly-motivated candidate.
- Supporting the research department with analytical chemistry in general as well as participating in various research projects
- Development of chromatographic separation methods for small molecules (HPLC, UPLC, GC, SFC, etc.).
- Carrying out preparative separations of active substances by means of chromatographic methods (HPLC, SFC, etc.)
- Development of chiral chromatographic separation methods.
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analytical studies.
- Contributing to the maintenance of the analytical equipment and participating in the evaluation of new instruments
- Writing reports and presenting results in project and team meetings
- Apprenticeship as a chemical lab technician with at least 5 years of professional experience or studies in chemistry (BSc or MSc)
- High level of commitment and the ability to work independently
- Good knowledge in the development of separation methods in HLPC, GC, SFC
- Experience in other analytical techniques such as mass spectroscopy and NMR
- Willingness to build networks within the team, the department and with other functions
- Languages: Written and spoken English, German is a plus.
What we offer:
Are you interested?
- Possibility to grow with development opportunities within Syngenta
- Impactful work with interesting challenges
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
We are expecting your application online!