As a global CRO (Clinical Research Organization), we have worked on 100+ marketed drugs across several therapeutic areas and conducted the pivotal or supportive trials that led to FDA and/or international regulatory approval of 70+ such drugs.
At PRA, we don't make our 15,000+ people great. It's the other way around. As we have grown to a top-5 CRO, we have maintained the feel of a small company, dedicated to collaboration and passion for what we do. We always have a desire to keep seeking new and better ways to operate. We don't settle for the same old ways. Our passion for improving patient lives worldwide, permeates all that we do. Put simply, we care.
Our industry-recognised Real World Solutions department focuses on peri- and post-approval 'real world' clinical research and is the ideal place for talented individuals with the right combination of experience and drive to forge a long-term career in an innovative and rewarding environment.
Senior Project Director - Real World Solutions Basel, Switzerland/Regional
Due to recent new business awards of exciting projects, PRA is seeking to welcome on board a new Senior Project Director within Real World Solutions. Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be a delivery-focused individual, with a strong background in project management and clinical drug development.
You will have a proven track record for leading complex drug development programs involving multidisciplinary stakeholder groups. Leveraging your extensive industry experience and adept communication skills, you will bridge collaborating organisations to ensure that short- and long-term program objectives are successfully planned for and met.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To act as the primary liaison with the client in person and remotely; to serve as the lead contact, an escalation point and to report on project metrics and discuss areas of risk.
- To lead and direct the global cross-functional study team including vendors; creating project and communication plans, communicating priorities and ensuring optimal performance of your team.
- To manage project / program deliverables, tracking progress against metrics and taking accountability for overall project status, working to key deliverables of cost, time and quality.
- To manage project costs and ensure profitability. You will manage resources within your studies (units/hours), mitigating financial risk, leading financial review and reporting on project costs to senior management.
- To ensure adherence to PRA policies and SOPs and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements in peri- and post- approval research.
Leading by example, you will set the quality standard to your team and escalate issues when required. Bringing your leadership skills to the fore, you will be instrumental in managing the client/PRA relationship and fulfilling our key contractual deliverables to the highest standard.
Additional responsibilities may include functional (line) management of Real World Project Managers, and also attending bid defence meetings as required. The working environment in this business unit is highly collaborative. This is in part thanks to our inspiring and friendly team of skilled colleagues who share a passion for late phase research; a team that prides itself on fostering a human element within their work.
Passionate about clinical research, delivery-focused and a natural leader.
Here at PRA we want our employees to succeed and ensure that they are set up for this success through constant training, development and support.
To enable success in this position you will have:
- A substantial and demonstrable track record of success within real-world project management and project / operational oversight
- Prior experience in global clinical product development
- Experience in change management preferred
- Experience in motivating and leading global project teams
- A robust knowledge of peri-approval clinical research, including study designs, GCP regulations and data capture technologies.
- An approachable personality that proactively identifies challenges while creatively seeking resolution
- The ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Strong financial acumen
- A relevant educational background (for example, a licensed healthcare professional or at least an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a life sciences discipline). A postgraduate degree (MSc., MPH or PhD) is preferred.
- Some previous experience in line management would be advantageous
- Ability to travel / work at PRA or client offices, as needed
Your health, your family, your career - the things that matter to you, matter to us.
The benefits of PRA just get better and better. PRA Health Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
For more information please visit our website: www.prahs.com