When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services GmbH is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporation, a world-class company serving the scientific community and healthcare industry. We are leaders in providing clinical supply chain management services and clinical supplies distributed to patients worldwide. For more information about our site in Allschwil please visit: www.fisherclinicalservices.com
For our location in Allschwil/Basel we are looking for a
Team Leader Clinical Supply Chain
Team Leader Clinical Supply Chain
The Team Lead / Senior CSCM is responsible for managing and coaching CSOS (Clinical Supply Chain Optimization Services) staff and planning and managing designated clinical supply chain Management activities for the Fisher Clinical Services (FCS) Clinical Supply Optimization Services (CSOS) unit. This position will work with FCS clients, packaging sites, depots, Clinical Supply Chain Managers and Drug Supply Coordinators to understand the supply chain requirements define the supply strategy and manage clinical trial materials on the study or program level. They will also participate & support the commercial team as Subject Matter Expert for business development activities.
* Serves as a subject matter expert on the Clinical Supply Chain Optimization Services (CSOS) service line and is instrumental in leading team efforts in support of positioning the service offering in the market place.
* Actively works on supporting trials and managing team in Asia, with workload anticipated to split between management of people and trials.
* Interprets protocols to build compound and/or study level plans that enable planned enrollment and are adaptable to the changing requirements of a study including securing Clinical Supply Chain Management (CSCM) support and delegating study tasks to team members as appropriate.
* Provides ongoing coaching and development support for team of Clinical Supply Chain Managers (CSCMs).
* Administers the Performance Management Development process for team members including mid- year and year-end performance discussions on time per company guidelines
* Develops standards for employee and department performance in partnership with the Senior Manager of Clinical Supply Chain Optimization Services.
* Holds staff accountable for their ongoing performance, acknowledges exemplary behaviors and implements progressive discipline, if necessary.
* Conducts regular team meetings to assess the status of studies, identifies necessary resources, and proactively addresses issues.
* Bachelors degree or higher in operations management or science-related field (equivalent work experience may be considered)
* Minimum of five (5) years clinical supply chain management experience
* Experienced in building and managing forecasts for clinical supply chains
* Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Strong Project Management Skills
* Significant travel (up to 50%) may be required, including international travel
* Ability to independently manage priorities and workday in a remote setting
* Experience working with clinical research professionals is desirable
* Demonstrated experience with multiple global clinical trials
* Proven people leadership success
* Certificates: Certified Project Management Professional is preferred.
* Teamwork and interpersonal skills
* Strong organization and self-management skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to change
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English. German preferred)
* Project management skills
* Accuracy and attentiveness to details
* Ability to identify problems and work toward a solution
What we offer:
* Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization
* Outstanding career and development prospects
* Company pension scheme and other fringe benefits
* Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story
to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the
world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Talent Acquisition,