Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Team Leader Process Engineering for the Process Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a Team Leader Process Engineering you will be an integral part of process development activities for new Active Ingredients.
Team Leader Process Engineering
- Role Purpose:
- To provide process and chemical engineering assessments and capability supporting development and optimization of unit operations, chemical stages and whole processes over a range of development projects.
- To lead a process technology laboratory team, guide other laboratory teams and provide engineering direction to project teams.
- To devise and carry out technical experiments to study complex engineering problems to introduce new technologies to existing manufacturing processes
- To provide general manufacturing support to assist troubleshooting or optimization of processes, both internally and externally for the introduction of new processes
- To represent the engineering function within project teams and to lead engineering projects both within and external to Process Technology New Active Ingredient.
- To provide chemical engineering support for capital projects.
- To seeks out and introduce innovative manufacturing technologies to Syngenta
- Ensuring correct scale up of unit operations associated with the manufacture of active ingredient and intermediate stages from laboratory to production scale is performed
- Identifying process safety, health and environmental issues related to process development and ensuring appropriate safety precautions can be implemented
- Coordinating and leading a team of 1-4 laboratory workers
- Preparing experimental plans for laboratory and bench scale programmes and ensuring the correct delivery thereof
- Carrying out the design, documentation, training and preparation for pilot plant scale trials, supervision of pilot plant trials with responsibility for the technical aspects of the process
- Specification of equipment for production scale plant in support of capital projects
- Providing process engineering input in support of Process Risk Assessments
- Carrying out technology transfer activities to Syngenta sites and third party tolling operations
- Generation of technical reports, documenting of experimental results, cost calculations, pilot campaigns and other technical work.
- Continuing personal learning and development
- Chemical engineer with more than 5 years' experience in a chemical production and/or process development environment
- University or equivalent degree in Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Fluent written and spoken English, German and French is a plus.
- Communicative and customer orientated. Independent and self-motivated, able to generate and present alternative ideas and concepts. Influences and directs work
- Effective planning and monitoring of work to drive results. Flexibility to respond to change and uncertainty
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and able to travel, possibly globally
What we offer:
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We are looking for your application!