Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- This is a Team Leader position in our Chemistry department where you will have the opportunity to develop new skills while working at the cutting edge of science and innovation. At Syngenta, our work matters; we are looking for the talents of today and tomorrow.
- We are seeking a highly motivated computational scientist to apply molecular modelling techniques) to design new Active Ingredients with a balanced activity/safety profile.
- Please provide a Research Summary of 2-5 pages including relevant programming experiences.
- Support discovery activities through molecular modelling, structure-/ligand-based molecular design, virtual screening
- Perform structure-property relationship analyses and drive hypothesis-based molecular design
- Work closely with a highly collaborative multidisciplinary team of chemists, biologists, biochemists, biophysicists, and structural biologists in Lead Generation and Lead Exploration
- Actively contribute at a project level to solve problems, plan future activities. Proactively communicate results and share learnings
- PhD in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline with a demonstrated track record in molecular modeling and computer-aided molecular design (CADD)
- Expertise in structure-/ligand-based molecular design
- Expertise of virtual screening procedures (docking, pharmacophore)
- Familiarity with protein-ligand interaction analysis and small-molecule conformational exploration
- Understanding of the basics of organic and physical chemistry
- Acquaintance with Linux-based command-line environment, including HPC infrastructure
- Proficiency of computer languages and OS scripting (BASH, Python)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with very good command of English language
- Very detail-oriented aptitude and capability write high-quality, robust code and deliver precise, impactful data analyses
What we offer:
Are you interested?
- With your work you can make an impact to the food security of people -> #briningplantpontentialtolife
- Possibility to grow and internal opportunities within Syngenta
- A responsible work with interesting challenges
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
We are expecting your application online!