Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Environmental Process or Chemical Engineer
- Provide expertise in support of the environmental development of new processes for the manufacture of new Active Ingredients' promoting sustainability.
- Champion activities to minimize the environmental impact of processes.
- Provide early identification of chemical processing options for the cost effective amelioration/ avoidance of environmentally harmful waste streams.
- Lead competent investigations at laboratory and pilot plant scale in order to generate validated process concepts and options for the amelioration / avoidance of waste streams.
- Develop and maintain an overview of environmental abatement technologies.
- Build a network with both internal and external providers of environmental technologies and support services.
- Work with project teams to identify and understand the environmental impact (air/water/land) of new chemical processes in development performing quantified technical assessments of the environmental impact and costs of proposed process routes and to recommend appropriate cost effective strategies for process implementation.
- Provide information service to process development teams to minimize environmental impact arising from process development decisions.
- Preparation of experimental plans for laboratory and bench scale programmes to assess environmental amelioration technologies for instance extraction, absorption, stripping, biological processing etc. and for ensuring the experimentation is carried out correctly.
- Supporting the preparation for pilot plant trials and supervision of pilot plant trials with responsibility for the technical aspects of the process in support of environmental process assessment and validation.
- Providing a correct and rigorous scale up assessment of unit operations associated with environmental abatement from lab to plant scale.
- Generation of technical reports, documenting of experimental results, cost calculations, pilot campaigns and other technical work.
- Provide appropriate data to both in house manufacturing sites and toll organizations in support of technology transfer activities.
- Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering.
- Experience in chemical process development or production supporting environmental assessments.
- Understanding of broad chemical engineering principles and unit operations
- Expertise in environmental abatement technologies.
- Awareness and understanding of environmental aspects of chemical production.
- Grasp of environmental legislation.
- Highly self-starting and motivated.
- Fluent spoken and written English. German or French are a plus.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and able to travel on occasion, possibly globally.
What we offer:
What we offer:
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We are looking for your application!