DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
Process Safety & HAZOP Specialist
As Process Safety & HAZOP Specialist you will be supporting our biggest business unit called DSM Nutritional Products (DNP) in the region of Europe/China. You will be leading and facilitating in the role as Chair Hazard & Operability Study (HAZOP) for large capital projects. You will train, qualify and coach HAZOP-Chairs of sites and DNP units as well as act as the linking pin to the global DSM Network for HAZOP risk assessments. Additionally, this position supports DNP organization with expertise, advice and reviews in the field of Process Safety.
The position is based in Kaiseraugst on a permanent contract and the ideal starting date would be as soon as possible.
- Facilitate and lead HAZOP Teams for larger projects
- Support and lead the regional DNP HAZOP community as principal consultant
- Provide and support trainings on HAZOP-Risk assessments and qualify HAZOP-Chairpersons
- Ensure integration of HAZOP knowledge in other competences and networks (i.e. Maintenance)
- Challenge and advise on design of suitable Safety provisions
- Perform process safety audits and ensure that deficiencies found are translated into corrective actions
- University or technical college degree in chemical or process engineering, postgraduate qualification in SHE preferable
- More than 5 years of broad experience in chemical or another complex industrial environment
- Vast experience in performing and leading Process Hazard Analyses studies (HAZOP/LOPA/SWIFT) or similar risk assessments
- Auditing experience
- Systematic thinking, analytical and structural capabilities
- Very good drive for performance and excellent persuasiveness skills
- Excellent capability to lead and/or work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Interdisciplinary skills and fluent communication skills in English, German is an advantage
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers). For additional questions, please contact Fabian Graf (email@example.com), Recruiting Business Partner.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner