LafargeHolcim at a glance
As the new leader in the building materials industry, LafargeHolcim has the assets necessary to address the challenges of a new world. With a local presence in 90 countries, the most innovative cement, concrete, and aggregates solutions to meet our customers' needs, and a commitment to health, safety, and sustainability, we have the most efficient business model and the best performing operating models and teams.
Global industrial hygiene director (100%)
In line with Group Health & Safety Strategy:
1:Provide IH expertise for the management of H&S
2:Contribute towards the overall occupational health strategy
3:Leverage expertise within the H&S function and cross functionally
4:Promote and organize sharing and learning of H&S across all businesses
5:Identify and support implementation of KPIs to track IH performance and facilitate Group reporting
6:Provide oversight, animate and coordinate the IH professionals across the Group
7:Highlight emerging IH risks and contribute to their management
- Propose regularly updates of the Group Health programs
- Lead the development of risk based IH programs across the Group and support implementation
- Capitalize IH expertise by having a deep knowledge and understanding of the subject and intervene to provide advice on any related questions and issues.
- As part of the continuous improvement process, lead the development and review of occupational health Standards, Guidelines and Best Practices on a "as needed basis"
- Highlight emerging IH risks and contribute to their management
- Develop training in IH management and deliver them to the Countries
- Act as the expert and support Stakeholder Relations
- Lead IH data management ; create reports on health KPIs and trend
- Track implementation of the IH program by countries
- Ensure quality of IH data in the H&S audit reports
- Engage with management at Group and Operational level to help ensure IH risks are effectively managed and acted on
- Advise and help formulate the Health aspects of the Group audit protocols and actively participate in audits
- Animate, coordinate and promote learning, sharing and professional development of health and safety professionals.
- Contribute to the delivery of the overall LH H&S performance and results
- Be a key player in the Global H&S team as well as a change leader for the entire organisation
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) from Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) or Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) Certified Process Safety Professional (CPSC) or equivalent or NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- A Bachelor of Science degree and Certified Industrial Hygienist or equivalent certification
Knowledge & skills
- Worked previously in a global or regional role IH role that has required strong influencing, leadership and change management skills
- 10-15 years of related industry experience. Operational experience in the mining and building materials manufacturing is preferred
- Communication, Influencing, Driving change, Team facilitation, Building networks.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large scale change in a global/regional setting
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of business drivers across various areas in a country business operation
- Conflict management experience
- Strong organization awareness
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Any other languages are an advantage
- Travel 40% of time
- Candidates must be able to meet Swiss work permit requirements and employment is subject to work permit approvals.
More about LafargeHolcim
For more information please visit our website.