Global Clinical Development Lead - Metabolic & Nutrition
Global Clinical Development Lead - Metabolic & Nutrition
"Join an organization that brings people together to create new outcomes in health"
Nestlé Health Science, Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
Bridgewater, USA or Lausanne, Switzerland
Are you ready to join a transformational company in healthcare? Nestlé Health Science is an innovative and fundamentally different type of company: a health science company engaged in advancing the role of nutritional therapy to change the management of health for consumers, patients and our partners in healthcare. Nestlé Health Science is accelerating the development of its established portfolio of consumer and medical nutrition brands and is investing in research and partnerships to build a pipeline of truly novel therapeutic nutrition.
Our intent is to bring forward nutritional therapies that have proven clinical and health economic value and improve the quality of people's lives. Nestlé Health Science plays a key role in the Nutrition, Health & Wellness ambition of our parent company Nestlé. We have privileged access to Nestlé's R&D network, including the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, a biomedical research Institute established at the same time as Nestlé Health Science, in January 2011.
With global headquarters in Epalinges, Switzerland, Nestlé Health Science already employs around 3,000 people. Our portfolio of nutrition solutions, diagnostics, devices and drugs, targets health areas including inborn errors of metabolism, paediatric and acute care, obesity, healthy ageing, gastrointestinal and brain health.
Bold, collaborative and focused professionals - passionate about helping build a transformational company - fit well in our organisation.
As a Global Clinical Development Lead - Metabolic & Nutrition you will lead the development and implementation of clinical development strategies for the Business Area Category(ies) under your responsibility, in alignment with the NHSc business strategy, to support successful market and patient access for NHSc products. You will drive and oversee design, execution, analysis and reporting of clinical studies in collaboration with the clinical operations team R&D community within Nestlé Health Science and the broader Nestlé, in alignment with the overall corporate strategy.
You will be developing a new global business that incorporates nutritional solutions, diagnostics, and pharmaceuticals within the area of Metabolism and Nutrition, digest and transform all relevant scientific and clinical information/facts necessary for developing and implementing the medical and clinical aspects of the Metabolism and Nutrition strategy in emerging areas.
- Develop and execute portfolio clinical strategies for both product development and life cycle management, in support of the Metabolism strategy
- Provide outstanding clinical and scientific leadership and support for the Metabolism Category
- Develop clinical development plans driven by intended use (claims) and value propositions
- Ensure their integration into Evidence Development Plans (EDPs), consider development path, intellectual property, areas of unmet needs, epidemiology, regulatory and market access
- Integrate diagnostics and pharmaceutical therapy with nutrition as key part of the therapy, ideally leading to new standard of care of treatment
- Integrate nutrition and nutritional physiology knowledge in the development programs and strategy
- Serve as senior NHSc Metabolism and Nutrition clinical expert internally
- Make clinical presentations to key stakeholders in academia, regulatory agencies, and reimbursement bodies to help establish medical value, clinical utility and credibility of NHSc products
- Establish strong interaction within R&D, especially those involved in Metabolism and Nutrition research and development across Nestle, and actively participate in due diligence efforts, as well as development of the innovation strategy
- In coordination with Clinical Operations, oversee trial design and protocol development, study execution and data communication, including scientific presentations and publications
- Ensure that all procedures are fulfilling legal, regulatory and safety requirements
- PhD or PhD/M.D. with minimum of 5-10 years of direct experience in Clinical Development
- Strong understanding of the Metabolism and Nutrition market (pharma, biotech, diagnostics, medtech, nutrition)
- In depth experience with design and management of clinical trials
- Knowledge of relationship building with external partners and cross-functional internal teams to execute clinical development programs
- Experience in regulatory submissions to the FDA and other regulatory agencies,
- Experience in building and leading an R&D therapeutic area in a high-growth environment
- Expertise in medical writing and verbal communication
- Proven skills in translating science into clinical development, registration and practice
- Established strong network in the field of Metabolism, KOL and institutional
- Strong communicational skill both written and spoken in English
Your ability to analyze, interpret, make decisions on complex scientific information and to effectively address inquiries from investigators, customers, internal teams and external agencies are strong assets for this role. Your ability to collaborate with the Market Access and Medical Affairs Leads function to ensures the knowledge transfer of science and clinical practice into patient and HCP relevant propositions and your clinical expertise to establish strong connections with internal & external experts, Patient Groups and relevant internal and external stakeholders in the field of Metabolism drugs development and diagnostics are key elements. Last but not least, your experience in leading clinical development programs successfully with breath of early through late Phase experience, registration and market launch with a compelling value proposition, including successful US and Global registration will contribute to your and our success.
If you are interested about this position and want to make a difference fulfilling Nestlé Nutrition's mission to nurture the health of the next generation, apply at www.nestlehealthscience.com/career
Invoice Center Avenue Nestlé 55 - P.O. Box 800 1800 Vevey