(Associate-) Director Detection 80-100%
Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success!
We care about people - Join the market leader
People every day all around the world will benefit from more personalized healthcare. The promise of better, faster, more cost efficient solutions is now within our grasp. And that's the world in which Tecan plays a vital role - helping advance healthcare - through advanced life science research and diagnostic solutions. We constantly seek new ways to steer innovation.
Every lab. Every day. Empowered.
Our vision is to empower every laboratory, every day, around the world with Tecan technology, products and support. We will help to shape the future of automated workflows in life sciences and clinical diagnostics through unrivaled expertise, products and customer support.
We care about our culture.
Our values - trust, highest standards and ambition - are the cornerstones of our business, and give us the framework for the Tecan culture. We foster a positive and empowering environment, which allows us to bring our passion and energy to work. This helps us to deliver on our customer promise - 'Always there for you'.
We need you to join our Detection Team in Männedorf/Zürich, Switzerland as
(Associate-) Director Detection 80-100%
What you will do
In this central role you will be responsible for local implementation and execution of our Detection strategy. You will also gain full leadership responsibility for our Product/Market Management team in Austria. You will manage new and mature products and be responsible for the successful life cycle management of the product portfolio from early concept through maturity to end of life. While you will supervise a team, you will need to be very hands on, contributing to production planning, sales funnel tracking, customer care issues, compliance, product development and marketing activities. We are looking for broad experience in running a division of a business, preferably in Life Science or related industries.
Furthermore, you need to be excellent at working across a matrix and across multiple departments and geographies.
Responsibilities will include
What you bring along
- Develop and drive the growth agenda for the Detection Business
- Leadership responsibility for our Product/Market Management team
- Build and execute annual and long-term product plans and roadmaps
- Execute VOC and market research to define winning products and strategies
- Manage the product development funnel
- Product pricing strategies to increase market share
- Design and manage Communications and advertising programs and work with outbound Marketing execute marketing and lead generation activities and sales promotions
- Plan and execute Product Launches
- Undertake Product training, positioning and value selling
- Identify new opportunities (e.g. new segments, customers, technologies)
- Lead and facilitate annual strategic planning for the Detection Business
- Lead organic business development (partnerships, OEM, Open innovation) and support in-organic activities in business development (potential acquisitions, partnerships and alliances).
What you will get
- MSc in Biology/Science or Engineering
- Commercial education preferably MBA from a leading school
- Experience (leading marketing and product management) in a rapid growth environment
- Marketing experience in Life Sciences, Healthcare or scientific testing equipment
- Experience with direct sales and support organizations in multiple technology platforms
- Strong leadership and intercultural skills
- German and excellent English language skills are must, any other language is a benefit
- Readiness to travel 20-40% (mainly to Austria)
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Progressive employment conditions
- Exciting career opportunities
- Wide range of training courses
- International and diverse environment (30+ different nationalities)
- Strong company culture with rich history
- Global mindset with "Swissness" at its heart
Do you want to make a significant difference in how the world is looking tomorrow and contribute to the innovation of state-of-the-art, cutting-edge technology products?
Look no further and apply now!
We are looking forward to receiving your application online. Please submit your resume (w/o picture and w/o cover letter, reference letters and diplomas are optional).
Applications from recruiters are welcome. Please register using this link: http://www.tecan.com/recruiters
Tecan Trading AG, Seestrasse 103, 8708 Männedorf, www.tecan.com
Tecan Schweiz AG
D: +41 44 922 8332