DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
DSM stands for quality in everything it does, and health & safety is a key component. As a Toxicologist (f/m), your task is to assure human safety along the broad portfolio of nutritional products of DSM during their entire life-cycle. With your work, you will enable marketing of products, prevent harm to workers and consumers and to the company.
To further strengthen the Toxicology & Kinetics team based in Kaiseraugst Switzerland, we are looking for a scientist. The position is based in Kaiseraugst on a permanent contract.
- Prepare early safety assessments by literature/databases searches and using in silico tools (predictive QSAR models).
- Identify safety profile of candidate compounds / chemical impurities and develop safety testing strategies based on data gap analysis.
- Determine toxicological studies that are required to support regulatory clearances of products and manage the placement and conduct of those studies with contract laboratories (CROs).
- Ensure compliance of studies with relevant guidelines and regulation (e.g. OECD/GLP guidelines and applicable FDA regulations).
- Monitor studies conducted by CROs, review and finalize study protocols and reports.
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments.
- Contribute to the preparation of regulatory submissions by summarizing all available information: literature data, QSAR analysis and studies reports.
- Present research findings to internal stakeholders.
- Review current scientific literature on an ongoing basis.
- Keep abreast with new trends in toxicology.
- Maintain external and internal scientific networks.
- PhD, DVM or equivalent (e.g. MSc in toxicology) in toxicology and/or risk assessment.
- EUROTOX registration or DABT is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the food/biotech or pharma industry.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations is an advantage (e.g. REACH, Cosmetics Regulation, Feed additives Regulation)
- A strong team-player with high social competences
- Good communication, networking and management skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), good German is an advantage
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online by sending us your CV & Motivation letter in English via the career portal ( www.dsm.com/careers ). For additional questions, please contact Kerim Hanafi ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), Associate Recruiter.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Kerim Hanafi
079 459 60 33