Category Manager Marketing and Communication (f/m)
Do you want to have a large impact in implementing the Marketing and Communication strategy of DSM?
Within a company that has topped the Dow Jones sustainability index for the last decade and is praised by Fortune magazine as one of the frontrunners on their list of “Companies that change the world”? Then our role as Category Manager, Marketing and Communication could be the perfect next step for you! Come join our world class procurement team and work on further improving our leading-edge sustainability mission.
DSM Sourcing is a professional organization supporting DSM businesses, we serve all the business Groups in DSM, ranging from Materials to Nutrition. The main challenge will be to extract value from synergy in the category while serving the diversity of the businesses and staying ahead by looking at new and creative solutions. Securing optimum cost leadership with excellent implementable category strategies while catering to the diverse business needs is required. Deep understanding of the needs of our businesses being customer centric is crucial for the success of our business.
This role is based in Kaiseraugst and is reporting to the Global Category Director, Facility Goods and Services.
In this category you will focus on spend under Marketing and Communication in Europe coming from all the Business Groups and Corporate Communication Function.
Prior experience in implementing marketing, branding, digital strategy projects while leveraging the supply base will place you in a great position to maximize the effectiveness of relationships and negotiations with marketing agencies and related supply base.
Travelling locally, but also connecting with your colleagues in other regions and in our Sittard office to learn from best practices.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of category strategy for Marketing and Communication based on a deep understanding of businesses and in line with the Corporate Strategy
- Manage collaboration, knowledge sharing and proper communication within the company by providing category expertise and ensuring use of standardized processes
- Be a strong liaison between Business Group Marketing Directors, Corporate Communication and Category Mangers in other regions
- Grow a deep expertise within the category areas by accessing marketing insights and external knowledge to ensure the category strategy is enriched by knowledge of the supply market and newest innovation within the field
- Lead engagement interactions with regional teams across assigned category or subcategory scope.
- Act as commercial owner for the suppliers and external market developments in this category
- Synergize between Business Groups by sharing the good concepts already available centrally. Collate the needs of the Business Groups on a regular basis
- Develop and lead a Supplier Management Program for the relevant suppliers
- Manage internal and external communication plans and strategies
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Procurement
- 6-8 years of experience in Procurement with relevant experience in Marketing and Communications
- Excellent stakeholder skills on all levels of the organization. Ability to quickly build a solid Network
- Sound project and change management skills
- Reliable and result-oriented personality with good analytical and social skills
- Able to work in a multi-cultural matrix organization
- Highly developed communication and cooperation skills
- Fluent in English
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact:
Interested in this position? Please apply online via www.dsm.com/careers, job no. 28148. Please note that we cannot accept applications via other portals, via email or paper documents.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Frau Jutta Eberlin
Recruitment Team Lead EMEA