DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 25,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Segment Marketing Lead Nutrition Improvement EMEA (m/f)
The Nutrition Improvement (NI) is one of Human Nutrition and Health’s (HNH) strategic segments and has an ambitious growth strategy. The segment drives “business with purpose” and focuses on sustainable opportunities to fight malnutrition to improve public health. We are looking for purpose led people to drive the segment strategy.
Lead and Inspire the Segment with direct and indirect reports, develop and implement a multi-year strategic marketing plan for Segment Marketing Lead Nutrition Improvement EMEA, from which annual plans will be developed, revised and refined to reflect market conditions. The strategy will include effective collaboration with regional sales and marketing teams, relevant cross-functional units (i.e. innovation, regulatory) and the global Segment team to drive growth by bringing new products/innovative solutions into the market.
This position will provide regional leadership for Segment Marketing Lead Nutrition Improvement EMEA, to identify and capitalize on growth opportunities in the Segment, resulting in an increase in DSM’s market share in the relevant market in EMEA, while also supporting retention of the current core business in this segment.
- Lead & Inspire the Nutrition Improvement segment team and provide guidance to EMEA sales team
- Lead cross-functional teams to align strategic decisions for the Segment in EMEA, coordinating with the global Segment team as appropriate.
- Train, develop and manage the segment team.
- Develop and align regional Segment financial goals and performance objectives with regional plans, and with the global Segment team as appropriate.
- Participate in public affairs and Advocacy activities. This may include direct involvement with KOLs, participating in influential NGO and public health organization meetings, attending regional Segment events and trade shows, etc.
- Develop a multi-year cross-functional regional strategic marketing plan to create demand for DSM products and services. Scope includes innovation opportunities.
- Drive growth by selecting the right projects to work on and actively discuss with Sales Management and Market Developers the Project Portfolio
- Hunt for fortification opportunities in Africa and hunt for collaborations to complement product portfolio.
- Act as the Project Manager and/or Project Team review member for selected projects and drives implementation of Strategic projects
- Drive introduction of New Products.
- Provide Value Propositions to the regional sales force
You will report into the Marketing Director Human Nutrition and Health EMEA, based in Kaiseraugst, Switzerland.
- Bachelors/University degree in sciences, business or related field, Master’s degree being a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in sales, marketing, NGOs or business management.
- Creativity, passion and innovation for Nutrition markets and product applications
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix organization
- Leadership experience
- Strong communication, presentation and customer facing skills
- Fluent spoken and written English, other additional African languages being an asset
- Proficient computer and analytical skills
- Able and willing to travel regularly, especially to Africa.(40%)
Working for DSM means the opportunity to contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & Motivation letter via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers), please click on the menu vacancies and enter the job ID 28084. For additional questions, please contact Fabian Graf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Herr Fabian Graf
Recruitment Business Partner