About Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Idorsia Ltd is reaching out for more - We have more ideas, we see more opportunities and we want to help more patients.
In order to achieve this, we will develop Idorsia into one of Europe’s leading biopharmaceutical company, with a strong scientific core.
Headquartered in Switzerland - a European biotech hub - Idorsia is specialized in the discovery and development of small molecules, to transform the horizon of therapeutic options. Idorsia has a broad portfolio of innovative drugs in the pipeline, an experienced team, a fully-functional research center, and a strong balance sheet – the ideal constellation to bringing R&D efforts to business success.
Idorsia was listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol: IDIA) in June 2017 and has over 600 highly qualified specialists dedicated to realizing our ambitious targets.
Scientific Software Engineer (Java & Image Analysis)
About the position
Java expert, with focus on image analysis and machine learning. This position gives you the opportunity to become part of the Scientific Computing team that creates and maintains tailored software solutions for the daily changing needs of pharmaceutical research. Your customers will be using your software in-house. These scientists are biological oriented data scientists or work in laboratories on new drugs to fight live impacting diseases supported by your software. If you are excited to develop scientific software in Java, machine learning is not just a big word but your daily business, multi-threaded and distributed computing is your passion and if you enjoy collaborating with top scientists, then don’t hesitate any longer and send us your application.
- Developing scientific software mainly in Java. Some of the projects will be open-source projects.
- Image analysis in combination with open-source imaging frameworks such as ImageJ and Orbit Image Analysis.
- Applying and developing machine learning algorithms.
- Image analysis of microscopy images, such as whole slide images (WSI) and high content screening (HCS) images.
- Documenting, reporting and communicating results to the teams.
- Publishing, presenting and discussing scientific results in international meetings.
- A Ph.D. or master in computer science or bioinformatics with demonstrated experience in software development, in particular, Java development.
- Proficient in the English language. German and/or French would be an advantage.
- Open-Source contributions and a Github (or similar) profiles are welcome.
- Excellent Java programming skills. Python, Groovy, and R is a plus.
- Familiar with common Java frameworks and build tools such as Gradle or Maven.
- Database concepts and SQL queries.
- Knowledge in machine learning frameworks such as Weka and Tensorflow, and the ability to develop new machine learning algorithms is a plus.
- Image analysis methods such as segmentation using open-source frameworks, e.g. ImageJ/Fiji, Cell Profiler, Orbit Image Analysis.
- Strong background in mathematics and computational analysis.
- Familiar working within Linux and Windows environments.
- Dynamic team player with excellent communication and networking skills, flexible mindset and scientifically curious.
- Proactive, forward-thinking and wishing to be up-to-date with the latest computational technologies.
What Idorsia offers
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization.
- The possibility to write publications and contribute to open-source projects.
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference.
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment.
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits.
Work Location: Allschwil
Business Area: Drug Discovery
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 1169
f you are interested, please click on apply now.
Please be informed that if you are selected for this position, your employment will be subject to a pre-employment background screening process, of which you would be informed in greater detail in due course.
Please note Idorsia operates a strictly-controlled list of preferred recruitment partners. For those partners who have no valid, signed Master Service Agreement in place with Idorsia all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or any other candidate details submitted through our website or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals (including any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or related companies) are considered the property of Idorsia Pharmaceuticals and are not subject to payment of any form of introduction, placement or referral fees.
Idorsia Pharmaceuticals Ltd