Varian is the world’s largest manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. Our vision is a world without fear of cancer. To meet this challenge, we equip the world with new tools for fighting cancer.
Varian Medical Systems International AG Steinhausen (ZG) is Varian's Headquarters for Oncology Systems operations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa (EMEA), the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and India.
ICT System Administrator
In this challenging position you will work across two areas of focus: acting as part of a small team for the administration of the marketing ICT systems administation and additionally becoming a product and technical expert for IT based products and/or services to assist the sales team when providing the right products to end users, aligned with Varian’s growth vision over the coming years.
This is not just an IT job, it is an opportunity for an IT professional to expand their boundaries and develop new skills, work across professions and help new and existing customers to appreciate the true value of Varian product offerings.
- Maintain, prepare and manage physical and virtual demo systems
- Prepare, managing and maintaining demo systems for in-office customer events in Steinhausen
- Prepare and prove access to a virtualized environment in the Marketing Citrix environment
- Provide any necessary support for the prospective customer to access and use the system
- Collect and develop information to support the sales team in meeting prospective customer needs
- Support the sales team in selling Varian software into a multi-vendor radiotherapy environment
- Provide formal training to the sales team at large sales meetings
- Join customer meetings and present solutions to prospective customers as required
- Other similar knowledge and product mastery related activity as required with Varian’s long-term vision and evolving product portfolio
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in Informatics Technology, preferred System technology (Informatiker/-in EFZ Vertiefung Systemtechnik)
- Computer literacy to a good level (MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel etc) is essential
- Sound knowledge of process and methods such as product specification, product developments / expansions and product security and safety
- Information Technology: Knowledge of medical data and image communication processes, network infrastructure is strongly desirable
- Knowledge of server and application virtualization is strongly desirable
- Knowledge of Hyperconverged technologies and IT managed services is desirable
- Fluency in German and in English, both written and spoken
You are customer service & team-oriented and you have a proactive attitude with excellent organizational skills. You are able to work independently as well as a part of a team. You thrive in managing numerous tasks accurately and simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
You’re just one click away from the most impactful work you’ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did. We look forward to your German or English application. Job Code 14855BR. APPLY HERE