Are you a true entrepreneur? Do you always stay on top of trends and know how to translate them into business? Are you an exceptionally talented networker who is able to communicate to all levels in an organization? Do you embrace the freedom to operate, shape your own role and thus significantly contribute to the success of our business excite you? Then our role as Global Key Account Manager Personal Care could be the next step for you!
Global Key Account Manager Personal Care (f/m)
As Global Key Account Manager Personal Care, you will lead global customer projects, relations and services for strategic customers by identifying opportunities, building strategic plans and orchestrating assigned multifunctional resources across regions. You will aim for substantial sales and profitability growth both with existing and new product portfolios. Based in Kaiseraugst near Basel, you will report to the Global Vice President, Commercial and Key Accounts, Personal Care and Aroma.
DSM Personal Care provides innovative ingredients and solutions for some of the world’s best-selling beauty products. Our strong scientific footing, combined with consumer and market insights from all over the world, results in transformational products that help to build brands and benefit consumers. Our extensive portfolio includes key Skin Care ingredients such as natural bioactives and peptides, as well as vitamins, UV filters and technical and performance ingredients like e.g. polymers. We complement this portfolio with our unique range of services including formulation expertise, quality assurance and regulatory support, etc. Our business is driven by global trends and consumer beauty insights.
- Assume lead role for all activities for designated accounts. Develop, review, monitor strategic Account Plans, sales forecasts and budget. Drive projects and customer requests effectively and successfully through the organization
- Measure performance (P&L, Sales, GPx, market share, scorecards, etc.) and initiate actions where needed
- Conduct complex sales negotiations across many countries, including core listing negotiations. Understand operations and logistics as they impact commercial results. Gain knowledge of Company pricing guidelines for key accounts and regions
- Make sure DSM works seamlessly in the eyes of the customer by dealing with internal and external requests and issues quickly and efficiently. Work closely with the regional representatives to service the customer globally. Ensure appropriate after sales service including customer complaints
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the overall customer’s business and value drivers - identify opportunities, pain points and strategic fits. Ensure that this knowledge is shared within DSM. Drive the analysis, development and implementation of the customer strategy. Together with your global and multifunctional team, develop new relationships and contacts into the customers across all functions and regions and orchestrate the execution of the agreed actions.
- Feed back consumer and customer needs to develop useful/desired innovations. Ensure buy-in from relevant stakeholders, e.g. R&D, Marketing, Innovation, Production, Regions
- University degree in business and/or technical field, MBA desired, but not mandatory for candidates with strong track record in customer management
- Proven track record of 15 years in several assignments in at least two different functions e.g. Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations of which 5+ years need to be in Marketing
- Commercially savvy with strong business acumen. Solid financial and Project Management skills
- Have a vision on trends as well as regulatory and market changes – anything that can influence and impact our customers
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, decisionmakers and influencers – proven talent to navigate amongst all hierarchy levels of the organization
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to orchestrate multifunctional resources, to energize and lead a cross-functional team around a project without formal authority
- High emotional intelligence. Stress resilience and ability to deal constructively with rejection and adversity
- International mindset with high intercultural sensitivity. Willingness to travel and comfortable in working in different geographic cultures. Willingness to learn and embracing change
- Outstanding communication skills. Competence in developing and delivering compelling presentations
- Fluent in English, any other language is of advantage
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply online via the career portal (www.dsm.com/careers). For additional questions, please contact garance.leroy(email@example.com), Recruitment Business Partner.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Frau Garance Leroy
Recruitment Business Partner