e believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
Business Process Management (BPM) Methodology Manager (Finance)
Within the program “Business Process and ERP vision”, the BPM Methodology Manager ensures that BPM methodologies and standards are developed and maintained in a systematic way, to achieve process excellence and drive a continuous improvement culture. This role will preliminarily work with the Roche Finance organization and enable to utilize common methods, tools and business practices, as well as introduce innovative ways to get work done and add value to the business.
Reporting to the BPM Methodology Strategy & Architecture Lead, this role will be in a strategic leadership role partnering with clients across the organization on a regular basis, to support building a process-based management culture and build BPM capabilities and to achieve world class process excellence.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supports the BPM Methodology Strategy & Architecture Lead in developing the BPM methodology strategy & architecture roadmap in the scope of the project “Business Process & ERP vision”
- Supports establishing BPM as a core competence and ensures that BPM is understood and applied by the target groups
- Ensures standards for methodology, architecture, systems and tools for BPM are defined and used
- Enables and supports a continuous improvement and process excellence culture
- Proactively engages senior business leaders to apply and continuously improve BPM Standards; identifies strategic improvement opportunities to enable process excellence
- Supports oversight of key benchmarking activities with regards to process-based management
- Works with the BPM community to strategically align participation in internal/external industry communities of practice (e.g. APQC) for maximum benefit
- Establishes and monitors maturity and KPI's for Business Process Methodology and Model
- Provides BPM expertise to initiatives and projects as applicable
- Identifies and operationalizes tools, processes, and trainings to allow the organization to effectively execute projects and meet or exceed business goals
- Champions and advocates for integrated end-to-end processes based on industry standards
- Collaborates and supports to design key business processes, identifying and aligning strategic and operational aspects (e.g. governance, decision-making, systems, roles & responsibilities) to ensure effective, efficient, scalable and sustainable processes
- Assists in defining metrics to measure the performance, effectiveness and efficiencies of processes
- Responsible for ensuring that the BPM standards are maintained in a central user-friendly repository that is used as a single source
Stakeholder Management and Interfaces:
- Communicate dedicatedly with partners and senior management regarding BPM Standards needed to support the organization to achieve process excellence
- Collaborates with partners in various functions routinely to ensure the BPM system, processes and tools meet the business needs and are updated in partnership with the BPM community as needed
- Supports the BPM Methodology Strategy & Architecture Lead with strategy development
- Exemplifies Roche Values, Roche People Leadership Commitments and inclusive behavior
- Masters Degree (ideally in Finance, business administration or science) or equivalent
- BPM certification, Operational excellence/Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
- You have 5+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably Pharma, diagnostics and/or medical devices
- You have 7+ years of experience in Finance, preferably at both, operational and strategic level
- You have 7+ years of experience in lateral people management and partner interactions at senior leadership level
- Proven track record of leadership and deployment of BPM / Operational Excellence in a larger organization
- Experience in a complex global environment
- You possess excellent communications kills to effectively communicate with senior management
- Expert knowledge and proven experience with developing and implementing integrated end-to-end business processes
- Organizational process management, process improvement and metrics coaching experience
- Certification in a recognized continuous improvement methodology is desired
- Previous experience in change management methodology
- Can effectively develop strategic execution plans through the integration of people, process and technologies to achieve business process excellence
- Strives for the achievement of excellence and displays a high level of commitment and enthusiasm, and generates same from others
- Ability to apply out-of-the-box thinking and pragmatism, to anticipate potential developments/ business trends
- Strong mentoring/ coaching skills to mentor team members and coach partners
- Proficient knowledge of English (written & spoken) is a requirement, German and other additional languages are a plus
- Flexibility (up to 20%) for global travel is required
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.