Founded in 1927 and headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, USA, Zimmer Biomet is a global leader in musculoskeletal healthcare. We design, manufacture and market orthopaedic reconstructive products; sports medicine, biologics, extremities and trauma products; spine, bone healing, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic products; dental implants; and related surgical products.
We collaborate with healthcare professionals around the globe to advance the pace of innovation. Our products and solutions help treat patients suffering from disorders of, or injuries to, bones, joints or supporting soft tissues. Together with healthcare professionals, we help millions of people live better lives.
For the European Headquarters, based in Winterthur (Switzerland), we are looking for a
Packaging Engineer 100%
In this multifaceted position you will be responsible for the design, testing, and implementation of sterile and nonsterile packaging systems for all company product lines. You will be supporting or leading global or regional cost saving initiatives, standardization or manufacturing support projects. Good communication, teamwork and organizational skills are essential for this position.
Your main responsibilities:
- Packaging design selection based on existing global tool box, implement product specific adaptions where necessary or design entirely new packaging configurations
- Defining test requirements, writing protocols, carry out or mandate verification testing and conclude testing with reports
- Responsible for updating, creating and implementing design control and risk management documentation for packaging configurations according internal requirements and together with involved departments
- Involve and manage relevant departments such as Product Engine, Regulatory Affairs, Quality
- Engineering and Assurance, Supplier Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing Department, Labeling & IFU department amongst others
- Collaborate with suppliers for packaging components or testing services
- Facilitate and support inter-departmental collaboration for Quality, Cost Saving, Audit Preparation or
- other initiatives
- Define and evaluate new processes and infrastructure together with manufacturing
- Comply with global laws and standards (MDD, FDA, amongst others), GSOP’s, ZWI’s
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc or MSc Degree in Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering or other Natural Sciences, preferably in Packaging Engineering with specialization in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Packaging
- Basic level of GMP, GDP, MDD and ISO 13485 / FDA requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience in relevant positions / industries
- Preferably Polymer Technology and Plastic Moulding Technology
- Customer oriented, open and collaborative personality
- Candidates must be able to meet Swiss work permit requirements
- Ability to communicate fluently in German and English both orally and in writing
Up to 20% .
This is a great chance to develop your international experience and be a part of a great and truly global team. Zimmer Biomet offers a wide range of challenging career advancement opportunities and a dynamic work environment. We look forward to receiving your complete application online.
Tel: +41 58 854 84 19