Syngenta is a leading company in agricultural chemistry helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to help increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking a Group Leader Analytical Development for our Syngenta Development Center in Münchwilen, Aargau (Switzerland). As a Group Leader you will inspire, lead and develop a group of chemists to enable innovative solutions to the customers around the world.
Group Leader Analytical Development & Product Chemistry
- You will lead, inspire and develop a group of analytical chemists providing and interpreting analytical data for the development of chemical processes, new formulations and registration of agrochemical products and their active ingredients. As well as investigating and establishing new analytical techniques in support of product research, development ®istration, supply chain operations and sales & marketing.
- You will set direction and closely partnering with project and business teams of the respective indication (e.g. Research, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Procurement, other Development Functions).
- You will influence the strategy of the department, drive innovation and provide context and direction for the science/technical area
- Coaching and developing talents, collaborating across disciplines and boundaries, and self-development will be essential elements of your leadership performance
- Lead 2-3 lab teams each led by a scientist supervising 3-5 laborants/ chemists. Further direct reports can be Scientific Specialists (having no own leadership responsibility) and/or analysts to perform own projects.
- Build strong and effective teams with a good team spirit
- Maintain and improve scientific excellence in analytical sciences among group members.
- Set priorities in accordance with business needs and optimizes resource allocation within the group.
- Lead and mentor complex analytical development projects.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to achieve objectives with his/her teams
- Actively lead for performance and improvement in HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) in line with Syngenta standards
- A university degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, analytical science or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in leading people and/or projects in the area of analytical sciences
- Conversant with most modern analytical techniques, especially chromatography and spectroscopy
- Very good communication skills
- Good leadership skills incl. coaching and influencing competencies
- Ability to inspire and motivate teams to deliver to tight deadlines
- Enjoys to interact with cross-functional and/or international project teams
- Fluent in English and German
What we offer:
What we offer:
- A position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and collaborative working environment
- Well-equipped analytical laboratories and experienced colleagues
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- A focus on personal development
- An attractive benefits package
Interested? Let's develop together the next generation Crop Protection Products and contribute to food security and sustainability in agriculture. Just follow the link and apply online