DSM – Bright Science. Brighter Living.™
Royal DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in life sciences and materials sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders simultaneously. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com.
Scientist Fluid Separation Technology (f/m)
Do you want to be part of an industry with huge growth perspectives? Are you interested in a position where you must connect with different disciplines? Do you like to work in a dynamic environment?
Then join our Research & Development team within our OPS-MTT department located in Sisseln, Switzerland. As Scientist Fluid Separation Technology, you are experienced in fluid separation processes especially in distillation, extraction and membrane processes and will actively participate in innovation and development projects and site support and energy saving activities on our production sites worldwide.
In this role you will act as the Deputy Head of Fluid Separation Technology Laboratory and support different teams of engineers and chemists. You will find here a highly professional and motivated team and a challenging environment. The vacancy is available as of 1st July 2019 or as per agreement.
- The job combines scientific expertise in evaporation, distillation, extraction and membrane processes with experience in modeling, scale-up & scale-down, specific product and process technology know-how.
- Participate in developing and applying specialist knowledge and expertise in innovation projects, process design and development activities, as well as provide support to production.
- Define, plan and conduct research activities through appropriate experiments at Laboratory, Mini Plant and/or Pilot Plant scale including validation of desktop simulations.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams to improve efficiency and reduce energy consumption of our processes.
- Transfer of knowledge to colleagues and DNP production sites around the world.
- Contribute to the generation of new expertise and new concepts in the field of fluid separation technology.
- PhD in Chemical/Process Engineering with specialization in Fluid Separation Technology or MSc in Chemical/Process Engineering with 3-5 years of experience in similar area/industry
- Preferably experience with membrane technologies, especially in the field of organic resistant membranes
- Experience in flowsheet simulation (ChemCad or similar) and good understanding of thermodynamics with ability to transfer into practice
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously under pressure and towards strict deadlines without losing focus on accuracy and quality of work
- Good organizational, communication (level-oriented communication) and social skills are essential
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English (any other language of advantage)
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position?
Apply online by sending us your cv & motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas via our career portal www.dsm.com/careers - Please be aware that we only accept applications via our DSM Talent Portal. For additional questions, please contact Kerim Hanafi, Associate Recruiter, email@example.com
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required
At DSM our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DSM Nutritional Products Branch Site Sisseln
Herr Kerim Hanafi
+41 61 815 78 69