Senior Industrial Engineer (Fixed Term contract - 18 months)
In this position, you will lead Industrial Engineering projects/programs at a global level. Coordination, tracking and follow up of projects across multiple locations is key, as well as defining & deploying Industrial Engineering standards across BU Sheet-fed (BU-SF) sites.
On selected projects/programs, own the project scoping and kick-off, follow-up execution, until successful completion. Be the focal point in BU- SF, and be the SME (subject matter expert) of global processes.
Experience & Competencies:
- Must: demonstrated shop floor experience (mechatronic assembly)
- Must: strong design for assembly, design for cost expertise
- Must: work station / work cell design, structured VA/NVA and process analysis
- Demonstrated and successful interface with development engineers or R&D background
- Full lifecycle project management at a global level, including locations in Asia.
Education & Languages:
- Project management at a global level (multiple sites) in a matrix organization
- Full product lifecycle management, with focus on development
- Industrial Engineering/system engineering, mechatronic assemblies, in a low volume/high-mix environment
- Focus: (a) assembly execution, (b) design for assembly
- Excellent communication skills, leadership. Ability to understand/drive projects in non-EU cultures as well.
- Tolerance to ambiguity; able to scope, structure, analyze and recommend priorities.
does not give up easily.
- Act based
Please note that frequent travels to Asia, EU, South America will be required. 25-40% time depending on project phase.
- BA / BS or equivalent
- PMP/PMI or equivalent
- CMII or equivalent
- English: fluent, spoken/written.
- French: strongly desired, spoken/written.
BOBST is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers in the folding carton, corrugated board and flexible materials industries. We are present in over 50 countries. With more than 125 years of success in the markets, BOBST is always at the forefront of new technology developments to best respond to its clients' needs. Our leading position is due in particular to our capacity for innovation, the quality of our products and services, our values and the quality of our highly qualified staff.
The production site of Mex, near Lausanne in Switzerland, is also the headquarters of the Bobst Group. It is the most important site, employing approx. 1500 passionate people.
It also trains each year roughly 200 apprentices. The site offers an idyllic work environment. In the countryside and close to major highways, it is also well served by public transport. It offers many amenities, such as a corporate restaurant, sports fields, a fitness and a nursery. The facilities have been recently renovated and represent a model for sustainable development.
PO Box 1001 Lausanne