Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com.
We are currently seeking an Organic Chemist with PhD as Team Leader in the Process Technology Group in Münchwilen AG, Switzerland. In this role you will be an integral part of process development activities for new Active Ingredients.
Team Leader Process Technology
- To identify and select the routes to new active ingredients in crop protection.
- To develop and optimize the chosen synthesis and to scale it up to pilot plant trials.
- To design the process for full scale manufacturing together with the process engineering group.
- To assess and optimize the process safety and the ecological impact together with the specialists in the organization.
- To support manufacturing during commissioning and process improvement activities.
- To support, as process technology expert, the process transfers to in-house and 3rd party manufacturers.
- To lead a lab team with 2-4 well trained lab technicians.
- With adequate experience you will lead and coordinate process development projects and represent the process technology function in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- A PhD in organic chemistry, typically with a post Doc or equivalent experience.
- An aptitude for organic synthesis and solving complex scientific problems.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Project management experience is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and team working is essential, as is a flexible approach to your work.
- You will be expected to deal with changing requirements and achieve tight deadlines.
- Awareness of fundamentals of process safety and ecology standards are an add-on.
- You are fluent in English. Good knowledge in German, both oral and written, is beneficial.
What we offer:
What we offer:
- Scientific and technical excellence
- Contribution to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- Work in interdisciplinary teams
- A superb working environment at our Global Process Development Center in Münchwilen
- Continuous professional development and high scientific standards are foundations of our culture
- Well-equipped laboratories and experienced colleagues
Interested? We are looking for your application!