Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world-class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Traineeship in Particle science and process engineering
About this Job:
The intern will work closely with our chemical engineers to understand better the nature of suspension rheology and optimize processes parameters to deliver favorable rheological properties. The successful intern would provide insights to enable particle shape engineering.
- Several instruments will be made available for the intern to learn and generate the needed experimental insights ( rheometer, microscope and ParticleTrack FBRM, ...)
- Crystallization equipment that can deliver automated ramps and step changes in temperature, anti-solvent dosage etc.
- Time will be dedicated to acquire knowledge in modelling of particle systems
Your profile for this position:
In general, the position is open for enrolled student (m/f/div) with bachelor's degree and working towards their master's degree in the subjects of chemical engineering, physics, or similar. The intern should be
- Reliable and accurate to work safely in a chemical lab
- Self-motivated to address challenging problems
- Active learner focused on providing solutions
- Proficient in English Or German
What we offer:
What we offer:
- Supportive supervision and collaborative work on engaging problems
- Firsthand experience in the dynamic environment of new products development covering various aspects of the development process
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- The opprotunity to contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Please include a current CV as well as a motivation letter in your applications illustrating what you would like to gain and what you can deliver in the internship.
The internship position will start in August / September 2019. Alternative start times could be possible with prior arrangement; please also note this wish in your application.
Interested? We are looking for your application!