We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
RiGI - Student Internship for Diagnostics IT Solutions (from August 2019, 6 Months)
The Roche Internship Program in Technology and Computer Sciences/IT (RiGI) offers internships twice per year (Spring and Autumn semesters) from 3 to 12 months in different areas in our truly global Home4IT community (eg Software Engineering/Coding, Cyber Security, Data Management, Artificial Intelligence, Software Solutions, Computer Architecture, Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration and more). If you want to experience Roche’s central nervous system and be inspired by top-notch computer scientists partnering with our life scientists to advance medicines that benefit patients, then RiGI is the place for you!
Roche Diagnostics International is located in Rotkreuz (ZG) and is considered one of the major Diagnostics sites, where some of the most innovative medical devices and software ever created was and is developed. The campus offers a unique spectrum of future job opportunities ranging from marketing, research and development, to verification and validation, over to manufacturing and customer support - and countless more.
Our position gives you a unique opportunity to actively influence and drive the way how next generation IT solutions will be defined, developed, tested, verified and are finally released to customers.
As part of the Diagnostics Strategy, Architecture and Governance group, we actively shape the way how the development of solutions will happen by our high-paced agile teams.
Your main accountabilities will:
- Working on a showcase to demonstrate innovative ways for the future development
- Exploring and evaluating technology
- Creating and refining architecture diagrams
- Shaping communication and selling material
- Aligning the approach with major stakeholders such as developers, architects, IT managers and direct customers of our Dia IT solutions
- If you are interested you have the opportunity to write your Master Thesis based on a real world scenario
Who you are
We are keen to discover talents who are passionate about learning and show great curiosity in discovering new things.
What do you need in your toolbox?
- Enrolled in a Bachelor- or Master degree program in Computer Science (or a similar engineering discipline)
- Confident in communicating and collaborates efficiently with team members, business partners and stakeholders from various domains
- Result oriented, open-minded and a proactive problem-solver with great interest in solving challenges in a fast changing environment
- Interest in shaping and defining processes and quality management
- Software development background is considered a plus
- English language fluency and good writing/communication skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
The preferred start date of the internship is August 2019 for 6 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document.
Further internship positions within the same program you will find here
Please note that there will be an interview day taking place at the end of July 2019.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiTEC; ROiDS; ROiDIG; ROiCS; ROiBI
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.