We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
RiGI-Student Internship in Group Functions Informatics - Cross Functional Services (from February 2020, 6 months)
The Roche Internship Program in Technology and Computer Sciences/IT (RiGI) offers internships twice per year (Spring and Autumn semesters) from 3 to 12 months in different areas in our truly global Home4IT community (eg Software Engineering/Coding, Cyber Security, Data Management, Artificial Intelligence, Software Solutions, Computer Architecture, Data Modeling/Warehousing and Database Administration and more). If you want to experience Roche’s central nervous system and be inspired by top-notch computer scientists partnering with our life scientists to advance medicines that benefit patients, then RiGI is the place for you!
Group Functions Informatics is a multicultural, dynamic team providing IT services to HR, finance reporting & planning, treasury, legal and compliance solutions to the Roche community worldwide. Our internal Cross Functional Services Team is responsible for providing services, support and guidance to our various group IT functions.
Your main accountabilities will:
- Support development of best practices for IT services management
- Running operational support
- Identify IT process improvements and optimization
- Support change management delivery and communication
- Driving Information Architecture activities
Further take away opportunities that we offer for our interns:
- As an intern within our team you have growing interest in ITIL processes, Service Management, Project Management and educational background in business and/or informatics. This internship position will allow you to get an understanding of a top-tier IT servicing in a global environment.
- Many learning and training opportunities that will help improve your personal development and can significantly influence your own career
- Learn to move in a global company, to network and to collaborate with stakeholder groups
- Be a member of our Interns Network and get to experience the culture of Basel in the heart of Europe
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multi-cultural environment motivates you. As fast learner you actively drive the quality of the requirements.
What do you need in your toolbox?
- You are an enrolled student in the field of Media Sciences, Design, Adult Education, Communication or comparable area of study.
- You have a passion for learning and are a creative mind.
- You are a team worker with strong communication and assertiveness skills.
- Exposure of Project Management methodologies or framework.
- Basic general understanding / knowledge in IT Service Management
- Good MS Office and Google suits knowledge (e.g. Excel functions, charts, etc.)
- Fluent in english, additional languages, e.g. German, French or Spanish are an asset.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
The preferred start date of the internship is February 2020 for 6 months. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date and duration of the internship on your motivation letter. Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter both merged in one document.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Further internship positions within the same program you will find here
Please note that there will be an interview day taking place at the end of July 2019.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Tags: ROiBU; ROiCC; ROiMG; ROiTEC; ROiBI; ROiCS
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.