We believe it’s urgent to deliver medical solutions right now – even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are courageous in both decision and action. And we believe that good business means a better world.
That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigour, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
We are proud of who we are, what we do, and how we do it. We are many, working as one across functions, across companies, and across the world.
We are Roche.
IT Business Partner - Product Development Informatics Quality
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The power of data at scale has transformed almost every industry, personalizing experiences in many aspects of our lives. Yet in healthcare we’ve only scratched the surface. At Genentech and Roche we are accelerating the use of data insights and digital technologies to make significant strides to reach the full potential of personalized healthcare.
We are seeking mission-driven, ardent, self-starting, creative individuals to join us in this effort. We are an agile organization that brings together great people who are passionate about technology innovation, and who thrive in dynamic, cross-functional, and mission-driven teams.
The IT Business Partner for PD Quality will help shape a new future of Quality in Roche and Genentech through information and technology partnering. You will lead strategies aligned to the key strategic aim of the Quality organization to bring safe personalized medicines to our patients faster by leveraging tailored safety and quality strategies that proactively prevent, detect and resolve GVP and GCP quality issues, and improve the integrity of our data, so that we build Health Authority confidence in the evidence we provide.
As an Informatics Business Partner you will drive business opportunities enabled by information technology.
- Provide strategic direction, prioritization and mobilization of resources aligned to shared business objectives with respective areas
- Actively participate in strategy setting meetings in PDQ and across informatics
- Provide input into Quarterly Business Reviews and the Quality System Portfolio
- Take a leadership role that educates, advises and challenges to enrich business area strategy for the benefit of the whole
- Negotiate and influence to ensure the right product owners are assigned to key initiatives
- Work with business, data and insights & infrastructure teams to architect, design, prototype, and develop solutions that enable quality decisions.
- Lead Computer Software Compliance ensuring “right to operate” and audit readiness of all informatics systems in PD
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As the Ideal Candidate you will:
Have business domain knowledge in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Quality, Safety, Regulatory and Global Health Authority Regulations. Nurture and develop a business savvy consultative and value driven partnership. Champion Informatics Strategy and the implementation of core platforms. Well-networked, awareness of Group processes, cross-org perspective, connecting the dots, add the external perspective. Understand market challenges and competitive issues. Exhibit intellectual curiosity and integrity.
- BA or BS in life science, informatics, business or equivalent. MA or MS and post-graduate coursework is desirable. At least 8-10 years of related experience, domain knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and manufacturing/quality assurance processes and systems, computer systems validation, GMP, FDA Part 11, etc.
- 5+ years business systems analysis and support experience with various types of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Ability to rapidly understand business requirements and communicate business expectations to cross-functional project/delivery teams. Develop advanced technological ideas and guide their development into a final solution
- Ability to lead cross functional collaborative team environments, provide innovative solutions to complex business problems, and make decisions with cross-functional impact
- Strong English and German communication skills (nice to have) -- ability to communicate complex information, issues, and potential solutions across the enterprise.
- 3+ years of people management or product management experience
- Solid understanding of FDA, and Global Health Authority Regulations
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Please apply until: 14 July, 2019.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
If you still have questions then please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.