Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader Formulation Process Engineering (f/m) to join the Formulation and Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
Team Leader Formulation Process Engineering
- To lead a team of Formulation Engineers responsible for process development and manufacturing support of finished products.
- To provide process engineering expertise for the design of formulation and fill & pack manufacturing facilities; with a clear focus on safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
- To develop manufacturing processes for Syngenta new finished products.
- To seek out and introduce innovative manufacturing technologies for formulation and fill & pack.
- Plan, allocate and coordinate formulation engineering resources to successfully deliver portfolio of projects.
- Develop technical and leadership capabilities within the team.
- Deliver the scale-up of formulation processes from lab to full-scale manufacturing, ensuring process safety, health and environmental issues are fully anticipated.
- Lead technology transfer activities to Syngenta sites and third party tolling operation, act as technical lead in product establishment teams, and be a member of the technical start-up team for new processes and equipment.
- Design pilot scale and full scale manufacturing trials, partnering with product development teams, the Münchwilen pilot plant and the receiving sites - defining operating procedures, training operations teams, providing technical supervision, documenting the outcomes and sharing learnings and best practices.
- Generate the process design for capital investment projects in EAME. Typical order of magnitude 1 to 10 million CHF.
- Apply formulation engineering processing expertise in order to assist troubleshooting or optimization of processes at manufacturing sites to identify solutions that improve capacity, quality and cost efficiency.
- Evaluate and trials innovative manufacturing equipment and processing techniques, and works with site manufacturing teams to introduce into full-scale manufacture.
- Chemical or Process Engineer with more than 5 years' experience in a manufacturing and/or process development environment.
- University or equivalent degree in chemical engineering or process engineering.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. German is a definite plus.
- A first experience in leading people would be an advantage.
- Effective planning and monitoring of work to drive results. Flexibility to respond to change and uncertainty.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Highly self-starting and motivated.
- Ability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business as well as the capacity to work independently.
- Ability to spend around 20% of time on business travel across the year, mostly in Europe for short durations (Typically 2-3 days)
What we offer:
What we offer:
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We are looking for your application!