Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently looking for a Formulation Engineer (f/m/d) to join the Formulation Engineering Team in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
Formulation Engineer (m/f)
- Develop manufacturing processes for Syngenta new finished products.
- Provide process engineering expertise for the design manufacturing facilities; with a clear focus on safety, capacity, flexibility, cost and quality.
- Support the execution of capital investment projects at Syngenta's own manufacturing facilities as well as external manufacturing partners in Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME).
- Build a network with internal and external manufacturing sites.
- To deliver the scale-up of formulation processes from lab to full-scale manufacturing, ensuring process safety, health and environmental issues are fully anticipated.
- To design pilot scale and full scale manufacturing trials, partnering with product development teams, the Münchwilen pilot plant and the receiving sites - defining operating procedures, training operations teams, providing technical supervision, documenting the outcomes and sharing learnings and best practices.
- To lead technology transfer activities to Syngenta sites and third party tolling operation; to act as technical lead in product establishment teams, and be a member of the technical start-up team for new processes and equipment.
- To generate the process design for capital investment projects in EAME. Typical order of magnitude 1 to 10 million CHF.
- To apply formulation engineering processing expertise in order to assist troubleshooting or optimization of processes at manufacturing sites: to identify solutions that improve capacity, quality and cost efficiency.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines.
- Typically 5 years of experience in industry, whether in process development or in a production environment or associated support functions.
- Track records of applying process engineering principles.
- Ability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business as well as the capacity to work independently.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Highly self-starting and motivated.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. German is a definite plus.
- Ability to spend around 20% of time on business travel across the year, mostly in Europe and for short durations (Typically 2-3 days)
What we offer:
What we offer
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
- An open and pleasant international working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
Interested? We are looking forward to your application!