Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet.
We are currently looking for an Experienced Packaging Engineer (f/m) to join the Formulation & Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
Experienced Packaging Engineer
- Responsible for design, development and testing of packaging, package components & packaging systems
- Ensure regulatory compliance for transportation and product registration for dangerous goods
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to internal and external functions
- Identify and implement innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that maximize our competitive advantage and build brand preference
- Leading and/or supervising packaging projects related to maintenance and/or troubleshooting support to adjacent supply chain functions (procurement, manufacturing, etc...), as well as, to end-users in the marketplace
- Provide active independent support to New Product Introduction (NPI) teams ensuring all packaging related milestones are completed on time
- Ensure all packaging testing and qualifications meet a high level of scientific integrity
- Responsible for a defined range of packaging (portfolio)
- Create and maintain documents, e.g. specifications, drawings, templates, packaging instructions, pallet schemes, etc.
- Identify and implement improvements, new technologies and innovations
- Identify and deliver of cost savings and efficiency opportunities
- Assure know-how exchange and transfer of experience to team members on projects, policies and processes
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Bachelor/Master degree (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in Packaging Technology or Packaging Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years packaging engineering experience, ideally 10 years experience
- Packaging is your passion: you are confident to show your passion and energize others
- Knowledge of and experience in the industry specific requirements (Chemistry)
- Experience and knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements on chemical packaging (e.g. dangerous goods requirements like ADR/RID/IATA, BAM-GGR etc.)
- You work independently with all functions (i.e. procurement, commercial, manufacturing, regulatory, logistics, quality, etc.) to deliver goals on key projects or initiatives
- Able to use personal judgement to confidently make timely decisions with the available data and make recommendations on the next steps
- You have a broad network of contacts and are able to maintain and extend this network internally and externally
- You are open minded, seeking for solutions and constructively challenge current working practices.
- You can communicate technical facts and do technical presentations
- Knowledge/experience in MS-office required, Knowledge/experience in SAP and CAD advantageous
- Language skills: German (minimum fluent) and English (minimum: proficient)
- Business travel: approx. 20%
What we offer:
What we offer:
- We will coach you in your new role and support your development
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Interested? We are looking for your application!