Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet.
We are currently looking for a Fill & Pack Technologist (f/m) to join the Formulation and Packaging Engineering Group in Münchwilen, AG. As a member of the team you will play a key role in the development activities for Syngenta finished products.
Fill & Pack Technologist
- Applies a specialist capability in liquid and solid filling and packaging systems
- Ensures that Syngenta gains full advantage in equipment technology, ergonomic layout and design, as well as capital and operating cost
- Identifies, evaluates and introduces new fill and pack technology into manufacturing
- develops standard fill and pack solutions in order to deliver the above
- Optimize the fill and pack operations and equipment to improve performance against key quality and performance indicators
- Apply expertise in ergonomics, equipment layout and material flow to maximize productivity within fill and pack operations
- Identify and evaluate new technology for fill and pack operations and works with key stakeholders and site teams to introduce this new technology into Syngenta FPP sites
- Provide expertise and advise in filling line & pack-off technology, line design and operation to capital project teams
- Provide technology support to the design, implementation, commissioning, and operational phases of capital projects
- Introduce and implement performance measures and benchmarking processes to generate cross-site performance comparisons
- Strong collaboration with Fill&Pack-Production teams and the teams for Production Excellence and Center of Expertise
- Share best practice and learning in the fill and pack technology domain within Syngenta
- Develop and update standards for fill and pack solutions, reflect changes in best practice and preferred solutions
- Troubleshoots in fill and pack operations
- Preferred: Mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering (Bachelor/Master/Dipl.-Ing.)
- You gained extensive practical experience of the operation of fill and pack lines gained through at least five years' work experience
- You have specialist knowledge of filling & packing equipment and related technology (including line design, extensive practical knowledge of line automation, line engineering, and quality assurance measures)
- You keep yourself at forefront of technology advances and best practice in our industry and beyond
- You are a natural problem-solver, being confident to use a range of appropriate standard tools for problem solving
- You gain trust and build strong relationships with site manufacturing teams
- You are capable to extract the key learning from activities and to record and share it
- To work effectively across different cultures and work environments is a matter of course for you
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Highly self-starting and motivated.
- Effective planning and monitoring of work to drive results. Flexibility to respond to change and uncertainty.
- Ability to work in diverse, multidisciplinary teams within an international business as well as the capacity to work independently.
- Experience/knowledge of CAD-software is advantageous
- Ability to spend around 30% of time on business travel
- Fluent in both spoken and written English. German is a definite plus
What we offer:
What we offer:
- We will coach you in your new role and support your development
- An open and pleasant working environment
- Flat hierarchy and an open culture
- Contribute to valuable and impactful work, in a stimulating environment -> #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Interested? We are looking for your application!