Supply Chain Data Scientist (m/f)
Are you passionate about data analysis and aiming for driving improvement projects based on those analytics with a significant impact on our business? Are you looking for a challenging and visible position in a dynamic environment? Then we might have the perfect role for you.
DSM Nutritional Products (DNP) is one of the world's leading suppliers of vitamins, carotenoids and other ingredients to the feed, food, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries.
The DNP Supply Chain Data Scientist is responsible to support supply chain performance improvements globally and in the regions for all DNP to a world-class level, by executing relevant tasks and/or leading relevant projects as part of the roll-out of the Global SC Excellence agenda and key projects within. This includes consulting and driving tactical and operational improvements in alignment with relevant stakeholders in the global SC team, based on deep-dive analytics and business-specific SC insights using data-driven solutions in this. The Supply Chain Data Scientist will be based in Kaiseraugst and will report to the Global Head of Supply Chain Excellence.
- Leading relevant global supply chain improvement projects on targeted KPIs as part of DNP SC strategy
- Conducting deep dive SC analytics to identify gaps to close and/or improvements, create the action plans to work on these and facilitate and/or drive the execution of these operationally, within SC relevant themes
- Designing and developing scalable solutions to complex problems using statistical modeling and machine learning;
- Driving operations center on data analytics supporting target setting, continuously monitoring and improving relevant SC KPI’s in alignment with relevant teams globally and/or in the region (eg. lead-times, OTIF, cost)
- Ensuring proper share & learn both within the region and cross-region as part of the virtual Global SC Excellence team of DNP
- Carrying out all activities in a responsible way, in line with DSM’s SHE and Triple P values
- Master’s degree or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline: econometrics, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, operations research, management of information systems, engineering, economics, social sciences or equivalent;
- First experience as Data Scientist as well as possessing extensive analytical skills or a strong eagerness to get into this, with strong attention to detail (e.g. Minitab, R, Python). Predictive modeling, data and qualitative analytics, big data queries and interpretation, machine learning algorithms;
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of Supply Chain in general, Supply Chain Planning and/or Supply Chain Strategy in relevant industrial markets; preferably a Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Operations
- Knowledge & experience in project management, Operational Excellence and continuous improvement practices (e.g. Lean Six Sigma);
- Good understanding of SAP ERP system, knowledge of APO and tools like Every Angle is an asset.
- Analytical mindset and a basic understanding of machine learning algorithms;
- Excellent communication skill as well as ability to work in team environments;
- Fluent in English; any other language is of advantage.
Procedure and Contact
Interested in this position?
Apply online by sending us your CV & motivation letter, reference letters and diplomas in English via our career portal www.dsm.com/careers - Please be aware that we only accept applications via our DSM Talent Portal. For additional questions, please contact Nicole Zeh, Associate Recruiter, email@example.com.
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these reference checks are required.
DSM Nutritional Products AG
Frau Nicole Zeh