Senior Wealth Planner
A leading Swiss bank with excellent reputation and strong global presence. Established over 50 years ago, with not only a strong and stable client base as well as forward-thinking, innovative approach, but also as an employer of choice in terms of its human-size and entrepreneurial spirit for dynamic individuals used to a medium-sized bank or keen to join one! This role and bank would appeal to a seasoned wealth planning/tax professional, who is happy to be very hands-on, seeking a fresh challenge within a very collegial team where people are passionate about what they do and the client comes first. Easy access to Management and a meritocratic, fair approach as well as a rewarding career opportunity on offer.
Senior Wealth Planner Position:
Reporting to the Global Head of Wealth Planning, as a very senior US tax expert, you will be joining a busy team of wealth planners, who work closely as legal and tax specialists, along side the risk and compliance teams. Your caseload will be a mixed client base from various countries and jurisdictions, to include a particular orientation towards US clients, in terms of tax and wealth planning, which you should be seasoned with, in terms of experience.
Working closely with clients and relationship managers, you will ensure that clients’ needs covered by wealth planning services are properly addressed and that suitable tax and legal guidance based on clients’ specific circumstances is provide to generate added value and mitigate risks.
Adhering to the local and international rules and regulation, while always keeping a close eye on client's interests, this division is a complementary service as well as being actively involved in existing/developing wealth planning services, operations in relation thereto and products.
In addition, you will povide training, presentations and guidance on adequate wealth planning strategies and compliant options to keep the clients one step ahead over fast changing and ever more sophisticated regulations and complex challenges to preserve their wealth and maximise their income.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Proactive engagement with bankers, recognising and anticipating clients’ needs, as well as identify, explore and capture business opportunities
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise on dedicated markets (to include the US but not limited to) and take an effective, risk-based and outcome-focused approach to mitigate risks
- Integration within the local team of wealth planners based in Zürich; close collobaration with the Geneva wealth planning team, as well as with the offices and wealth planners across Europe and Asia
- Identify, present and discuss appropriate and compliant wealth planning solutions and strategies to meet client needs
- Meeting clients and prospects (including during business trips with bankers)
- Actively contribute to promote the wealth planning service across the bank and contribute to enhance wealth preservation and maximise income generation
- Build up/maintain a network of intermediaries such as trust and corporate service providers, tax and law firms, life insurance companies and brokers
- Provide/train private bankers with up to date and relevant technical information in order to appreciate impacting tax and legal developments and take proper action
- Graduated in tax law, you will have at least 15+ years relevant experience in tax consultancy as well as minimum 10 years banking experience
- Qualified tax lawyer with proven US clients experience and track record
- Experience of delivering wealth planning services within a private bank
- A proactive, resilient and driven approach
- Strong and long-standing expertise in core wealth planning disciplines
- Assertive with strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- An international outlook with international experience but also ideally used to the Swiss-German culture for integration purposes and already resident in Zurich with Swiss banking experience is preferred; or else compelling reasons for wanting to move to the city
- Fluent English; German a strong plus but not essential