Veröffentlicht:21 November 2023
Sprache:Deutsch (Fliessend), Englisch (Fliessend)
Since the first Apollo Mission on the Moon in 1969, the Space Research and Planetary Sciences Division of the University of Bern has developed instruments for space research. NASA recently selected a payload with a Bernese contribution to date Moon rocks on-site. Join our team to develop a laser resonant ionization mass spectrometer as a Mechanical Engineer.
* Define and iterate the instrument requirements with respect to mechanics, ion-opto-mechanics, and AIV&T flow in a cross-functional, international engineering team.
* Provide the mechanics of the ion-optics of the mass spectrometer over its lifecycle ranging from requirements engineering over the development to assembly and delivery of the verified flight instrument.
* Support and coordinate the AIV&T of the instrument at all stages of the project.
* Iterate, implement, and assembly, verification, testing, product assurance, quality assurance, and similar plans and implement them.
* Assist systems engineering and project management by providing documentation.
* Support and oversee the procurement and manufacturing of components.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
* 2 years of experience working in a product-oriented research and development (R&D) setting.
* Flexibility for international travel.
* Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related field.
* Profound in developing complex mechanical system with CATIA (V5) and SmarTeam
* 7 years of experience in the aerospace industry.
* Experience in ion-optical, opto-mechanical, and thermal design.
* Familiarity with space projects and knowledge of the NASA or ECSS standards.
The position is available starting February 2024, or upon negotiation, for an initial period of one year with the option of extension. Our salary range is determined by role, level, and experience in accordance with the personnel regulations of the Canton of Bern.
For subject-specific questions and information about the position, please contact Dr. Rico Fausch: E-Mail schreiben
Applications (CV, diplomas and work certificates) should be submitted as a single PDF document to Tina Rothenbühler: E-Mail schreiben