3 jobs in Database Specialists / Development in Olten
Alpiq Holding Ltd. is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading, energy management, energy services as well as energy technology. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary of Alpiq Holding Ltd. with headquarters in Olten.
D&C Technology is a functional unit that supports Alpiq's Business Area Digital & Commerce with management systems for the trading, origination and energy sales businesses, including the delivery of digital solutions for customers from the industrial, commerce and energy sectors. We are scaling up our energy business in the next 5 years heavily.
In this role you will work in either our location in Olten or in Lausanne. You will be accountable for the application engineering of the assigned applications and that they meet internal and external stakeholder needs. You ensure best practices around application management and will work closely with other teams from D&C Technology, the other D&C teams and the support functions of Alpiq. Join us at this exciting time and work with us in a diverse, multinational and dynamic environment.
Your main responsibilities
- Act as technical specialist, discuss requirements and implement technical solutions on relevant projects (CHANGE)
- Support end users and analyze open issues (RUN)
- Coordinate the integration with the internal integration team (CHANGE)
- Ensure that applications meet internal and external stakeholder needs in terms of functionality, reliability, availability, maintainability, compliance, security, auditability and scalability.
- Support the strategy to achieve the target system landscape by changing from the current monolithic, legacy technology to a microservices based architecture.
- Stay up to date on IT best practices, including methodologies, processes and tools and ensure continuous improvement
- Business and technical acumen, customer oriented, results focused, organized and a team player and willing to learn new things (energy business)
- Knowledge in DB technologies (Oracle, PL/SQL), programming and scripting skills
- Minimum a bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification in a technical or engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience gained in an agile IT/Technology environment
- Knowledge in energy sector is an advantage
- Fluent in English; competency in German and French is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal