Lead Buyer Indirect Procurement R&D Site
Publication date:23 Mai 2023
Place of work:Basel or Stein
Syngenta Group is one of the world's leading sustainable agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Our 53,000 people across more than 100 countries strive every day to transform agriculture through tailor-made solutions for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet - making us the world's most local agricultural technology and innovation partner.
Syngenta Group is committed to operating at the highest standards of ethics and integrity. This is a commitment that we are making to investors, customers, society and employees. Syngenta Group is also committed to maintaining a workplace environment free from discrimination and harassment.
Lead Buyer Indirect Procurement R&D Site
We are now recruiting a Lead Buyer Indirect Procurement for our R&D Site in Stein (AG). You will be in charge for all Categories for the Stein site as well as for the sourcing activities for Engineering category in Basel. Location is flexible between Basel or Stein (AG).
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the business leaders on the sites to ensure that the business requirements are clearly understood, appropriately challenged, and taken into account in the Category and Sub-Category strategies (Demand management).
As a business partner you will forge close working relationships with the Category/Sub-Category Managers to ensure that Category/Sub-Category strategies are fully deployed in the country. You will also develop and maintain close working relationships with the various business leaders in the country and ensure that Indirect Procurement is able to deliver significant savings to the P/L on a consistent and sustainable basis.
As an expert in Procurement you will provide tailored Procurement solutions for the business where the business requirements cannot be met by a Category/Sub-Category strategy or the existing buying channel. You will act as an ambassador of Indirect Procurement and be the sites' champion for all Indirect Procurement policies, processes and tools.
How you will make a difference:
- Ensure the deployment of Category and Sub-Category strategies in the country
- Ensure the alignment of the Indirect procurement BP and Category Management teams to ensure the savings/benefits associated with the deployment and leveraging of Category/Sub-Category strategies are fully realised in the country(s)
- Be the face of procurement to the sites' management team, ensuring they are aware of and actively support procurement policies, processes and tools in the country(s) and ensuring that Indirect Procurement is fully aware of the challenges, opportunities, and priorities of the site/country
- In cases where the business requirement cannot be covered by an existing procurement channel or Category/Sub-Category strategy, design and execute tailored (custom) solutions, to include running sourcing events, supplier evaluation and selection, contracting, and appropriate contract management on an on-going basis
- Ensure the Ariba saving pipeline is used consistently and that it is accurate and able to drive the delivery of targets
You will be a great fit with the following knowledge:
- 5 to 8 years proven experience in procurement
- Good understanding of Category Management approaches and techniques
- Capability in leading the implementation of strategies
- Leadership of procurement projects
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Good understanding of how to influence and sell internally
- Good communication and presentation competencies
- Good stakeholder management
- Fluency in German and English
- Experience of eSourcing tools & techniques (ideally SAP Ariba)
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal clients which drive the Syngenta and procurement strategy
- Strong ability to influence peers and indirectly manage teams
What we offer:
- Full time role based in Basel or Stein.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.