2 Aeronautical engineer jobs in Central Switzerland
Praktikant Structural Analysis Engineer
Praktikant Structural Analysis Engineer (f/m)
Work experienceTraineePlaceEmmenWorkload 60-100%
We at RUAG play a vital role in keeping Switzerland secure. Because we know: Security matters – in everything we do. That is what our 2500 employees work for every day: at 18 locations in Switzerland and abroad. That is what drives us. For our customers and for Switzerland. As the visionary thinking technology partner of the Swiss Armed Forces, our priorities are life cycle management, operations and availability for military systems.
In this position, you will work in our Engineering Center in Emmen. The trainee program is limited from Mai 2021 to November 2021.
- Support the Swiss F/A-18 Aircraft Structural Integrity Program by contributing to the following tasks:
- Conduct structural analyses of aircraft structures (incl. fatigue calculations and spectrum generation).
- Perform fatigue safe-life and damage tolerance analyses to establish metallic component retirement times and inspection intervals.
- Verify and check structural integrity by using appropriate analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools.
- Possible opportunity to work on research topics to improve the Swiss Aircraft Structural Integrity Program such as:
- Prognostic Health Monitoring
- Aging Aircraft
- Multiple Site Damage
- Statistical Structural Lifing Methods
- Total Life Damage Tolerance Methods
Requirements / Skill set
- Enrolled in technical studies (BSc, MSc) from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field of studies.
- Motivated individual with interest in the aeronautical sector.
- Interest in structural mechanics, finite element methods, fatigue and/or fracture mechanics.
- Good communication and writing skills in English. Basic understanding of German.
- Compliant with Swiss Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance requirements.
RUAG as an employer
Because you know what you want. We provide room for ideas and independence. Share your enthusiasm for future-oriented technologies with established colleagues. Take responsibility together with us and make a significant contribution to the security of Switzerland. We look forward to your application!
Did we launch your interest about this exciting position? We look forward to receiving your online application.Contact
Beat MüllerTel.+41 58 483 78 82XingLinkedInKununuE-MailDrucker