Publication date:20 April 2023
Place of work:Baar
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major producer and marketer of
more than 60 commodities that advance everyday life. With around 140,000 employees and contractors and a strong footprint
in over 35 countries in both established and emerging regions for natural resources, our marketing and industrial activities are
supported by a global network of more than 40 offices.
As a Contract Specialist, you will be part of the Contract Writing Team, which is a specialized, international and
dynamic team within the Zinc/Copper Department. You will be in charge of drafting the sales and purchase
contracts for the various commodities handled in the Zinc/Copper Department and their related legal documents.
You will further be supporting the commercial/legal work throughout all phases of the deal starting from the
business proposal until post signature issues. You will work very closely with the Trading and Traffic teams of the
Zinc/Copper Department, your team colleagues, our field offices worldwide as well as customers when necessary.
The main tasks and responsibilities include
- Drafting/issuing/reviewing of sales and purchase contracts including all related legal documents
(NDA/LOI/Force Majeure declarations, letters of notice, claims and similar) and its verification with
Trading, Compliance, Insurance, Finance, etc.
- Providing prompt practical business oriented legal and commercial advice directly to traders and other
stakeholders within the department as well as to customers (with support of our legal department)
- Offering proactive advice and signalling of prospective legal/commercial risks
- Assisting all Teams within the Zinc/Copper Department with regard to various legal matters/queries
- Maintaining the internal trading system and administration of the contract files
The ideal candidate is
- Able to prioritize tasks and to work with short deadlines and ad-hoc requests
- Able to work and communicate with people from various multi-cultural backgrounds inside and
outside the Company
- Able to understand economic workflows, the legal requirements and the interaction between both
- Interested in Commodity Trading
- Efficient, able to work under pressure, very well organized, detailed and comfortable in using IT
applications (MS Office)
- Fluent in English (advance/proficiency level) and with excellent communication skills, both verbal and
written, as well as a flair for legal language.
- A strong team player, with the ability to also work independently, with a proactive and flexible work
Qualifications and requirements
- BA degree or similar sound education in economics, law or comparable education such as paralegal
- Fluency in English verbal and written (corporate language), a good understanding of any other
language is an asset
- Current Swiss B/C permit or Swiss/EU passport holder
- We are committed to providing benefits, which promote mental, physical, and financial well-being.
From healthy meal options in our restaurants and bistros to free use of the in-house gym including
sport classes with professional trainers.
- We reimburse public transport for commuting to work; alternatively, we offer free parking space.
- We provide tuition assistance for further education and training courses.
- We have a competitive parental leave policy. Our childcare benefits also include emergency childcare
services and financial assistance towards daycare costs.
- Employees’ Swiss Pension 2nd pillar is fully paid by Glencore.
Who we are
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies and a major producer
and marketer of more than 60 commodities that advance everyday life. Through a network of assets,
customers and suppliers that spans the globe, we produce, process, recycle, source, market and distribute
the commodities that support decarbonisation while meeting the energy needs of today. With around
140,000 employees and contractors and a strong footprint in over 35 countries in both established and
emerging regions for natural resources, our marketing and industrial activities are supported by a global
network of more than 40 offices.
Our Purpose is to responsibly source the commodities that advance everyday life. The products we source,
and market play an essential role in modern life. From the copper, cobalt and nickel powering the electric
vehicle and renewable energy revolution, to the energy products helping us power this transition and
keeping the lights on today– what we do touches every part of life as we know it.
The diversity of our portfolio underpins our strategic ambition to play a leading role in enabling the
decarbonisation of global energy usage through providing metals such as copper, cobalt, zinc, and nickel
that are essential to the transition to a low-carbon economy. In a first for the mining and trading industry in
addressing Climate Change, we launched a net zero total emissions ambition by 2050, which aligns our
business strategy with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Come and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
Further information and reading
- Introducing Glencore video
- Glencore’s Purpose and Values
- Purpose and Values booklet
- 2022 Annual Report
- 2022 Sustainability Report
Note*: All applications will be subject to potential background checks. You will be informed if this will be the case. Further
information about the processing of your personal data will be made available during the application process. We'll seek
your explicit consent prior to processing the data