Publication date:31 Mai 2023
Place of work:Rte de Pré-Bois 1, 1214 Vernier
Sonar’s industry-leading solution enables developers and development teams to write clean code and remediate existing code organically, so they can focus on the work they love and maximize the value they generate for businesses. Its open source and commercial solutions – SonarLint, SonarCloud, and SonarQube – support 30 programming languages. Trusted by more than 400,000 organizations globally, Sonar is considered integral to delivering better software.
Sonar provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our products are already the standard products that extend Github, Bitbucket, and Azure DevOps. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get it adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code. To achieve this, our IT Operations team has a mission to “Support and Scale our business by providing a stable, secure, and frictionless technology environment”. We manage several systems that support the organization, enabling teams and individuals to deliver their best work.
The impact you can have
The IT Operations team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help teams deliver their best work. We are focused on reducing friction and getting the most value from solutions to enhance outcomes. We want to expand our IT operations to manage more systems in a predictable way that accounts for scalability, resilience, and performance. This includes the review and selection of tools where changes are needed to achieve our objectives.
On a daily basis, you will
- Be the subject matter expert for all things vendor management and engagement, i.e. the full vendor lifecycle from scoping to termination
- Be the champion of our vendor and contract databases
- Ensure the integrity of all vendor documentation
- Provide oversight across all vendor activities to ensure adherence to our company policies
- Communicate both vendor and Sonar responsibilities and obligations
- Establish vendor performance standards and suggest remediations or improvements
- Initiate regular performance reviews with the most critical vendors on contract compliance and deliverables. Come up with action plans when required and manage them to closure
- Continually manage and improve all vendor management activities and processes, policies, and methods
- Act as an intermediary between vendors and stakeholders
- Work with internal teams to determine requirements to prepare and/or validate RFI (Request For Information) and RFP (Request For Proposal) documents
- Support the review of contractual terms of both new and existing vendors
- Support the performance of specific vendor audits, security risk assessments as part of, and separate to, overall vendor risk assessments
- Perform periodic monitoring activities to support mitigation of risks resulting from the implementation of new third parties and those risks of existing third parties, as well as support other company mitigation plans, as applicable
The technical skills you will demonstrate
- 5+ years of experience in vendor management, risk, compliance, or audit-related job discipline, including but not limited to third-party risk, vendor risk, enterprise risk, audit, information security GRC (governance, risk, and compliance), and/or compliance management
- Proven experience in IT vendor management and software license management
- Understanding of key GRC concepts relating to third-party risk and related guidance
- Strong knowledge of service contract agreements, including time and material-based agreements, hosting, and software license contracts
- Strong understanding of licensing and licensing options, including licensing for cloud services
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and customer service skills
- Passionate commitment to helping the team meet delivery goals
- Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves and helping make things happen
- A plus - German and/or French language skills
The soft skills you will demonstrate
- Highly autonomous and pragmatic
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- You prefer to work in a team, sharing information, and ideas and understanding the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive and give feedback to improve the team and yourself
- Leadership: you take the initiative and demonstrate your ability to lead a subject from beginning to end
- Ability to lead change of infrastructure and work with employees to adapt to change
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
- You are friendly and enthusiastic
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company's needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 5 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum, Geneva, and Singapore and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at SonarSource. This role is an on-site role in either our Geneva or Bochum office.
Why you will love it here
- Safe work culture - we value respect, kindness, and the right to fail
- Flexible hours - we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- Great people - we value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate leaders in our domains. Our 300+ SonarSourcers from 33 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance - keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. This is why we have a hybrid work policy and some people prefer working some days from home.
- Always keep learning - in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
Sonar was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 350,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers’ next big problem.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We’re a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we’re told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there’s one main message we want you to remember about us, it’s that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
PO Box 765 1215 Geneva 15