Stadler has been building trains for over 80 years. With our innovative strength, flexibility and reliability we are a leading manufacturer of rail vehicles today. In addition to our Swiss locations, around 13 000 employees work at several production and engineering sites and over 70 service locations in Europe, North America and North Africa.
Stadler Signalling is the center of competence for Signalling technology and digitalization in the Stadler Group with multiple sites in Switzerland and Germany. Our highly qualified teams work in the area of automated train operation (ATO), train control system (ETCS) and driverless metro trains (CBTC) and electronical interlocking (ESTW) to develop our solutions further. Join our team and help us shape the future of mobility!
Business Development Manager
How you can make an impact
- Responsible for Business Development & acquistion of new Signalling projects
- Responsible for managing key Business development or customer projects
- Creation of project timeline including project milestones and responsible for their delivery
- Responsible for the coordination with all stakeholders (Stadler internal, customers, suppliers, regulatory authorities internal multi-country teams)
- Independent leadership of projects as an entrepreneur within the company
- Management & Reporting of the project commercial and technical status, as well as project risks
- Monitor upcoming projects and analyze market to identify trends and competitive advantages/shifts
- Participate and lead the negotiation and closing of proposals and contracts
- Be responsible for order intake award targets
How you will contribute
- Bachelor or Master degree in Management or Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management or Business development, at least a few years managing complex systems projects in the railway sector (ideally signaling systems)
- Strong negotiator for contracts & project related tasks with customer & other stakeholders
- Team player with high degree of social competence, sense of responsibility, assertiveness and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of railway standards like IEEE and EN and or railway industry experience are a great advantage
- Willingness to travel 40% US & Europe
- Language: German and English
- Start immediately or upon agreement
- International dynamic environment with start-up character and high diversity
- Varied and exciting area of responsibility with flexibility for mobile work
- The recruitment process consists normally of two interview rounds (MS Teams and on site; with HR and line)
- Applications via agencies are not considered
Do you have questions about a specific department?
Ankit Dabral, Head of Business Development, will be happy to help:
phone +41 75 433 45 20
I am happy to help
phone +41 44 878 82 76
Where we need you
We care about the health of our employees. That's why Stadler offers to pay part of your gym membership.
Today, a mobile phone is essential. Therefore, we offer discounted mobile phone plans for Stadler employees and their family members.
A hockey game or a trip to the Zurich Zoo – we offer free tickets for you and your family.
We are happy to cover the costs of the halffare ticket and cover part of the costs of a ZVV or SBB travel card.
As Stadler employee you receive discounts at a number of (online) shops.
With Stadler you benefit from reduced insurance rates in Switzerland.
The development of our employees is important to us. Depending on individual and company interests, we support training needs financially or with part-time opportunities.