Product Manager Synchrotron
Publication date:29 November 2022
Place of work:Taefernweg 1, 5405 Baden-Daettwil
Product Manager Synchrotron
DECTRIS is a successful and growing hightech company that develops and manufactures X-ray and electron cameras to spark scientific breakthroughs around the world. While photographic cameras capture visible light, DECTRIS cameras count individual X-ray photons and electrons. Our 130+ employees are located in Switzerland, the United States and Japan.
At DECTRIS, academic research meets agile industry practices. The company's roots are deep in the scientific community and our scientists publish new research results every year. At the same time, our engineers, technicians, administrators, and commercial experts work hard to make sure our customers benefit from the latest technologies without delay.
Our Vision is to be a sustainable, independent, and trusting company that anticipates the needs of scientists and engineers around the world.
Our Mission is to challenge the limits of detection technology and collaborate with partners on providing transformative solutions beyond detectors.
- Responsible for the success of detectors within the synchrotron market throughout their entire lifecycle
- Identify future technology requirements (demands for counting, integrating and spectroscopic detectors) and their applications fields and create convincing product ideas
- Define user and product requirements within a team of experts
- Organize application testing and facilitate easy integration with KOLs
- Within the team of product engineers, be the interface to product development and production
- Provide support for Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams
- Observe the market and its development and actively communicate trends internally
- MSc or PhD in science, preferably related to a synchrotron
- Profound understanding of (current and future) detector needs at synchrotron and FELs
- Organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities in a fast pace environment
- Very good knowledge of synchrotron applications and a feel for research priorities
- Success-oriented decision maker who remains calm in difficult and stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally at all levels, including close work with technical, sales, marketing, and business management positions
- Excellent communications skills and a diplomatic demeanor
- English proficiency, German knowledge of advantage
- Willingness to travel is essential
- A successful and growing high tech company in an international, scientific environment.
- Joining the global leader in HPC X-ray detectors for science and industry. Our engineers design cutting-edge detectors to support the state of the art science and technology
- An international work environment formed by more than 100 experienced engineers, scientists and other professionals
- An ambitious company with an outstanding collaborative culture, which commits to mutual success
- Excellent, flexible working arrangements to enable professional development and personal life balance
- A thoughtful environment. You will enjoy our modern infrastructure including additional benefits like a small gym, parking space, subsidised meals, free snacks and company events
Product Management Team
Our product managers are responsible for the success of the detectors throughout their entire lifecycle. They observe the market and its trends and keep close contact to opinion leaders in the field. In collaboration with development, production, sales and marketing they realize the next generation of detectors. With the team of product engineers they design and coordinate modifications of current product lines.
Stefan Brandstetter, Head of Product Management