Oerlikon engineers materials, equipment and surfaces and provides expert services to enable customers to have high-performance products and systems with extended lifespans.
Drawing on its key technological competencies and strong financial foundation, the Group is sustaining mid-term growth by executing three strategic drivers: addressing attractive growth markets, securing structural growth and expanding through targeted mergers and acquisitions.
A leading global technology and engineering Group, Oerlikon operates its business in two Segments – Surface Solutions and Manmade Fibers – and has a global footprint of more than 10 500 employees at 175 locations in 37 countries. In 2018, Oerlikon generated CHF 2.6 billion in sales and invested around CHF 120 million in R&D. For our IT Business Applications department, we are looking for a
Business Intelligence Specialist (m/f/d) 80-100%
based in Switzerland (Pfäffikon/SZ or Wohlen/AG) or Germany (Munich or Remscheid) . This is a very exciting time to enter our Group IT Function and our BI area as we are currently defining our BI Strategy and looking to bring our BI landscape to the next maturity level over the coming years.
What does the role involve
- You will act as a subject matter expert for our BI tools and manage tickets on a second-level-support, both solving bugs and managing change requests
- Besides the operational BI work you will also be involved in BI projects, working on the further enhancements of our BI tools
- Your main customers will be our Finance & Controlling and Sales & Procurement departments
- Your experience in BI and Reporting will allow you to understand, analyze and prioritize your customer requirements
- You will work together with internal and external BI consultants to deliver projects on time and to meet your customer requests (mainly SAP projects)
- You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of robust solutions, mainly using SAP BW on HANA.
- You will be part of cross-functional teams, discuss business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects and help your customers to classify and prioritize their requirements
- Using your analytical skills, you enable our business processes by developing innovative solutions for the business needs
- You troubleshoot issues in development, configu ra tion and reporting
- You model new reporting requirements with SAP BW
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- You have at least 2 years' experience in Business Intelligence projects (preferably SAP BW projects)
- You have strong analytical skills, a pro-active working style, strong result orientation and a hands-on attitude
- Professional English skills (verbal & in writing) and preferably German language skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20% (mainly to Switzer land, Liechtenstein, Germany)
Main IT skills
- Very good knowledge in SAP BW on HANA, BW/4HANA, Backend and Fronted
- Very good understanding of Query Designer (BEx and Eclipse)
- HANA modeling experience (Views, SQL, proce dures, Execution plan)
- Good business and technical knowledge in ECC 6.0 for logistics, financial and controlling modules
- Good expertise in ABAP and ABAP OO and AMDP (Building and debugging)
- Domain complete BW ETL, including extractor building phase from SAP (BC, Custom)
- Joining our global Group IT Function and becoming a part of a competent, collaborative and supportive team of IT professionals
- An environment where your expertise, your ideas and your drive to further develop our BI landscape is very much desired.
- If you are a self-starter, driven by the intrinsic desire to continuously improve and develop, are hungry to take ownership and run your work area as it would be your own business, then this role will be the perfect match for you
- The opportunity to work within a state-of-the-art BI platform (HANA)
- An open corporate culture and the support to take on new challenges and responsibilities within a global company
- Competitive compensation & benefits package, flexible work time model (Home office day; option to work part-time)
- Further training and development opportunities
- Possibility to accelerate your knowledge and skills in a fast-developing environment
Please apply on our career's homepage.
We are looking forward to get to know you!
+49 6142 6033 282