PartnerRe Ltd. is a leading global reinsurer, providing multi-line reinsurance to insurance companies. It is a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding place to work. We are always looking for bright, proactive people with expert knowledge skills, and integrity to join our international team. Our culture is based on trust, responsibility, openness, and initiative, and we pride ourselves on delivering the best possible reinsurance solutions for our clients.
Reinsurance Closing Analyst
For our PartnerRe Zurich office, we are looking for a Reinsurance Closing Analyst to join our global team.
The Reinsurance Closing team is embedded in the FP&A department and responsible for quarterly and yearly closing processes by assuring high levels of data quality. In this role, you will be an integral part of the team and have the opportunity to execute your assigned tasks in a self-organized manner, supporting various internal and external stakeholders.
The role provides the opportunity for making initial steps in the Finance business area. You are interested in the Reinsurance industry, have a proactive personality, are self-driven and are able to easily grasp new concepts. With your excellent analytical skills, an eye for details as well as the ability to excel in a challenging and fast paced environment, you will contribute to the team`s success. Your tasks will include the following:
- Calculation, analysis and monitoring of premium and commission estimates
- Handling of internal retrocession processes
- Reconciliations between sub and general ledger
- Internal and external reporting (GAAP, regulatory and statutory reporting)
- Support of the external and internal audit process
- Portfolio analyses
- Cooperation with and support of functional areas such as Finance, Reserving, Underwriting Operations
- Providing support to managers on projects and ad hoc requests
You are a motivated, highly organized person with a solution oriented mind set, enjoying collaboration as well as working on your own. Reporting to the Local Head Reinsurance Closing Zürich, you have the following key skills:
- Undergraduate in Business, Accounting or other related field
- Basic understanding of financial and technical accounting processes
- Reinsurance/Insurance background is a plus
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced knowhow of MS Office tools, especially MS Excel
- Knowhow of Business Objects and SICS is a plus
- Fluent in English (verbal and written), German is a plus
- A flexible team player with a positive attitude
What can we offer you
An international Environment, where you will be challenged, can learn from other specialists and are exposed to multiple areas of our business in a wide range of countries. A structure which fosters empowerment and collaboration with various stakeholders. In our global team, you will have the opportunity to help shape processes, drive improvements and be an integral part of our success.
PartnerRe does not interview employment candidates or make offers of employment solely on the basis of telephone or electronic interviews or other communications. Authorized PartnerRe email communications are sent only from an official @PartnerRe.com email address. In addition, PartnerRe does not request payments of money from employment candidates before or after an offer of employment is made.