Head of Development and Integration
Do you like working in a very dynamic, fast moving environment? Are you a software engineer with leadership experience along with hands-on experience as a full stack developer and as a 3rd party product integrator who is passionate about building and maintaining a robust and reliable application landscape? We are looking for someone like you helping us in:
* designing, developing, integrating, deploying and maintaining applications using frontend and backend technologies
* developing subject matter expertise (SME) on the applications, environments and underlying business processes
* taking ownership of the applications and respective services, managing and/or supporting all service lifecycle phases, based on ITIL industry standard
* ensuring that applications are and remain compliant to UBS enterprise requirements and standard, managing audit and risk assessments and their remediation
* leading a small team of software developers and integrators
* supporting the project manager in planning and running the projects, ensuring that business requirements are met
You'll be working in the GI Application Delivery team. We are a dynamic team located in Zurich and other locations. We deliver IT solutions to Group Investigations using state of the art technology both from major vendors in the field and in-house developments. Our current focus is to automate eDiscovery processes and implement advanced investigations management capabilities.
Your experience and skills
* university degree in computer science, math, physics, engineering or a related field
* at least 7 years of experience in holding a senior developer or engineering position within a complex organization, preferably in the financial services domain
* leadership experience combined with extensive hands-on experience spanning all layers of technology
* REST API design and backend implementation with Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data, JPA / Hibernate, JMS, Tomcat
* database design concepts and Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) product specifics
* Shell scripting, Python and ETL tools (e.g. Informatica) as well as BI tools such as Tableau
* IT Security (authentication, authorization, CA SiteMinder, cryptography, certificate management)
* Experience integrating vendor and 3rd party products into an enterprise environment
(software packaging, scripting and integrations)
* a solid understanding of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (Agile, Kanban or
* strong analytical and problem solving skills
* a proactive and independent work style, excellent organizational and time-management skills
* high level of drive and commitment, flexibility to undertake a variety of assignments
* a self-starter, proactive and resilient to ensure goals are met
* a reliable partner with a high awareness of quality and deadlines
* known for a can-do approach when tackling very difficult tasks
* process oriented with a structured approach to ensure delivery in time
* fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
UBS AG Recruiting Switzerland