Senior Restructuring Officer or Restructuring Regional Manager
Caterpillar Financial SARL
Publication date:22 March 2023
Place of work:Mühlebachstrasse 43, 8008 Zürich
Caterpillar Financial is the financing arm of Caterpillar, the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, engines and industrial turbines.
Based in Zurich we offer an interesting job opportunity in Structured Finance depending on work experience as either
covering accounts in EMEA and Asia Pacific. The position focuses on recovery, restructuring and workouts of distressed accounts of bi-lateral financing and syndicated loans in the mining, power, marine and construction sector.
The successful candidate will
- Manage assigned accounts across multiple jurisdictions.
- Develop and execute workout strategies.
- Prepare financial analysis, models, and proposals to identify, assess and mitigate all material risks.
- Work and coordinate with internal Legal, Risk Management, Tax and Accounting, and other internal parties relating to the workout strategy.
- Communicate and negotiate with customers, external legal counsel, and other third parties to facilitate the workout strategy.
- Represent Caterpillar Financial in all-lender restructurings.
- Prepare and communicate analytics, internal reports and presentations.
- Participate in portfolio reviews to anticipate potential issues.
- Travel internationally to meet customers and check on the status of financed assets and inventory with experts.
- Coordinate with back office and closely monitor task completion in the areas of compliance, documentation, booking, insurance, systems management, standard inquiries, invoicing, and corporate reporting.
Requirements for the position include:
- Demonstrable skills and track record relating to debt restructuring.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English (both written and spoken).
- Degree in economics, business administration, or finance. CFA or FRM is a plus.
- Strong up to date IT skills required. Excellent MS Excel skills are mandatory. Very good PowerPoint, Power BI and VBA skills are an advantage.
- Strong analytical, writing and presentation skills enhanced by intercultural skills and sensitivities.
- Ability to adapt, intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn.
Our company offers six weeks paid holidays and the possibility for hybrid working (on-site and home office). If you are interested to join, please apply in English, including CV, cover letter, and reference letters (if available).
Email your application to Elena Schwalbe-Chronis.
- Elena Schwalbe-Chronis
Caterpillar Financial SARL