Graphic Designer, 100 % (m/f/d)
Hauser & WirthZürich
Publication date:15 July 2022
Place of work:Limmatstrasse 270, 8005 Zürich
Hauser & Wirth is one of the leading international galleries for contemporary art with locations in Gstaad, Hong Kong, London, Menorca, Monaco, Los Angeles, New York, Somerset, St. Moritz and Zurich. For our headquarters in Zurich, we are looking for an experienced
Graphic Designer, 100 % (m/f/d)
to join the Design Team to help build our brand in the gallery’s expansion, helping design and develop digital and print campaigns to promote our artists and their exhibitions.
Purpose of the role
The ideal candidate should be an all-round Graphic Designer, fluent in both digital and print design solutions with a deep understanding of visual design principles and strong experience in creating assets for a wide range of platforms and channels. This includes digital and printed ad campaigns, OOH advertising, email marketing, social media, responsive & mobile-first websites and long form content.
Working closely with the Marketing, Communications and Digital Product teams, you will help define requirements, set the design direction, iterate on design solutions, contribute your expertise to campaigns and digital products. You will be able to design conceptual routes to promote our artists and exhibitions in our own galleries and for art fairs we participate in. You should be well versed in creating digital and printed assets for campaigns.
- Providing design concepts that allow us to create and execute creative, high-quality designs from concept to delivery
- Working with the Design Team to deliver excellent digital and print design for the gallery to help promote our artists and exhibitions
- Act as a key stakeholder in the continued development of Hauser & Wirth’s brand identity. Be a guardian of upholding these brand standards
- Collaborate with Digital Product and Marketing Teams to ensure that all designs align with the brand, while meeting usability and digital standards
- Design and prepare digital assets (static, video, and HTML) for a range of platforms including social, OOH/display advertising, eCommerce, email marketing, downloadable PDFs, mobile and desktop website experiences
- Design and prepare print assets for advertisements in newspapers and publications, brochures, booklets, long form content, wayfinding and information design in general
- Aid in the creation of motion graphics assets across web, mobile, and social-specific campaigns
- Proven ability to embody brand guidelines to create cohesive multi-channel visual assets
- Create long form content that is optimised for mobile and desktop viewing as well as physical prints. Design and artwork dinner invitations, menus, event flyers, booklets, posters and packaging, adhering to the gallery’s corporate identity guidelines
- A Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design or similar
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a design role
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English and German. Being able to communicate in French and Spanish would also be an advantage
- Passionate about the power of design to transform experiences
- Proven track record of effective digital campaigns and content
- Ability to work independently to solve problems, mitigate risk, make decisions, and communicate effectively under tight deadlines and challenging situations
- A people person, capable of thriving in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A creative thinker who can assert their perspective in both design output and design-related problem solving
- Excellent written and communication skills, as well as organisational and interpersonal skills
- Expertise with standard digital design, presentation, and prototyping tools including Sketch, Adobe Suite (including After Effects and InDesign), InVision, Figma and similar
- Experienced with creating user-centred design, rapid prototyping and Q/A testing
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Experience in motion graphics creation and video editing is a plus
- Working experience from WCAG and ADA (Americans with Disabilities) accessibility best practices for all platforms
- A passion for art is important and prior roles within art institutions, other cultural sectors or designing for an art gallery is an advantage
Hauser & Wirth is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing passionate people is essential no matter their background. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We particularly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Hauser & Wirth provides a unique, exciting, and international working environment. If you are passionate about art, our gallery and our ethos, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application by e-mail.
Hauser & Wirth
Hauser Wirth AG
Frau Laura Pinazza
044 522 43 60
Hauser & Wirth