Regional Procurement Manager / Corn and Soybean Meal
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Panama
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: from 5 to 10%
There is no better time to join our Global Procurement Team!
The combination of a rapidly-evolving world around us and the successful implementation of our new procurement model make it an incredibly exciting time to join us. Sustainable practices, transparency, and innovation will drive the success of our organization into the future and we want you to be part of this!
We are currently looking for a highly competent Regional Procurement Manager based in Panama, responsible for managing the commercial and sourcing activity for Corn and Soybean used by Nestlé in North and Central America.
Reporting directly to the Category Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for the spend in scope on a global level, utilizing strategic sourcing processes, tools and policies.
Procurement at Nestlé:
As strategic partner of the business, we help the company achieving sustainable growth and we ensure responsibly-sourced supply and value creation. Located in hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia, our division provides a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. We also support markets with managing local spend. For you, this will be the opportunity to become a real strategic partner – delivering sustainable value and working with the business, for the business.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts ensuring the most beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers in line with the strategy.
- Manage the relationship with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning.
- In partnership with Supplier Relationship Management Experts, lead the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What your experience should include?
- University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sourcing for various Commodities preferably Cereals and Grains.
- Demonstrated success in delivering competitive advantage to a business through. development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category in charge.
- Ideally experience in several market regions preferably the Americas Ability to resolve time critical and complex material supply issues.
- Experience in futures and basis trading required.
- Successful track record in handling negotiations in cross functional and cross market teams.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing portfolio via continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Understanding of National and International Procurement Regulations.
- Being highly structured and well organized.
- Fluency in English, another language will be an asset.
What’s on offer?
- A challenging role with high visibility and big responsibilities.
- Genuine opportunities for career development, training and personal development.
- Attractive and dynamic international working environment.
- Modern “smart office” locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind-set with excellent negotiation and communication skills and the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
If your profile matches our needs we will be looking forward to receive your application in English. Please visit www.nestle.com/jobs and apply in English.
Our Nestlé purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for individuals & families, for our communities and for the planet is lived every day by our 323’000 employees across all our sites.
We are the world’s leading Nutrition, Health & Wellness company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Our 2000+ brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to your local favourites. We bring Nutrition, Health and Wellness to people and their pets, throughout their lives, through our wide portfolio of products and services. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com.