Regional Procurement Manager/ Wheat
“I want a unique opportunity to be part of a global team where I can fulfill my potential and deliver value to the business”
Nestrade Procurement Division, Panama
Undefined period of time, 100%
Travel rate: from 5 to 10%
Are you ready to join a high performing and ultra-diverse team?
Come join one of the most iconic company in the world and have a chance to make an impact in being part of the newly created Procurement Division.
In order to implement and drive the success of this new procurement model, we are looking for a highly competent Regional Procurement Manager, responsible for managing the commercial and sourcing activity for Wheat used by Nestlé in North America.
Reporting directly to the Global Category Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing the energy Wheat strategy for the spend in scope on a Regional level, utilizing strategic sourcing processes, tools and policies.
Who are we?
The Nestlé Group is the world’s largest food and beverage company with 89,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. It is present in 191 countries around the world, has 418 factories and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com.
Procurement at Nestlé:
To ensure that Nestlé achieves its objective of sustainable growth, a new Procurement Division was just created with hubs in Switzerland, Panama and Malaysia. They provide a range of services, including the management of procurement for specific raw materials, packaging, indirect materials and other services. The hubs also support markets with managing local spend.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Perform supplier market/category/supply risk analysis and develop Total Cost Ownership (TCO) models to identify improvement opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts ensuring the most beneficial commercial agreements with suppliers in line with the strategy.
- Manage the relationship with various stakeholders to integrate category plans and outcomes in local budgets and price planning.
- In partnership with Supplier Relationship Management Experts, lead the planning and regular contract SLA reviews with suppliers and other functional partners.
- Ensure compliance to Nestlé's Corporate Business Principles, policies and standards.
What your experience should include?
- University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing for various Commodities preferably Cereals and Grains.
- Demonstrated success in delivering competitive advantage to a business through development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the spend category in charge.
- Ideally experience in several market regions preferably the Americas.
- Ability to resolve time critical and complex material supply issues.
- Experience in Futures commodity market is welcome.
- Successful track record in handling negotiations in cross functional and cross market teams.
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing portfolio via continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in risk management, responsible sourcing and supplier relation management.
- Understanding of National and International Procurement Regulations.
- Being highly structured and well organized.
- Fluency in English, another language will be an asset.
What’s on offer?
- A challenging role with high visibility and big responsibilities.
- Genuine opportunities for career development, training and personal development.
- Attractive and dynamic international working environment.
- Modern “smart office” locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind-set with excellent negotiation and communication skills and the ability to influence and collaborate with individuals across a complex organization.
If your profile matches our needs we will be looking forward to receive your application in English. Please visit www.nestle.com/jobs and apply in English .
Our Nestlé purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future for individuals & families, for our communities and for the planet is lived every day by our 323’000 employees across all our sites.
We are the world’s leading Nutrition, Health & Wellness company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017. Our 2000+ brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to your local favourites. We bring Nutrition, Health and Wellness to people and their pets, throughout their lives, through our wide portfolio of products and services. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our group and reasons to join us onwww.nestle.com.